Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'78 Fender Jazz w/OHSC

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fat-bottom, Jun 30, 2003.

1. This is a black-on-black '78 Fender Jazz in absolutely excellent condition. Maple fretboard with pearl blocks. This bass is 8.5 out of 10. Absolute bone stock. I bought it from a woman who said her father bought it new, played it for two years then stored it "under the bed". I believe it, because this bass has only two flaws: First, the bridge pickup cover pushed a line into the finish around the lower part of the connection area, due to sitting face up for years I suspect. Second, the finish on the back of the body shows the marks of the tiny hairs of the inside of the case, again probably from laying on it's back. Otherwise this bass is next to new. The pickguard shows the wear of a well cared for instrument which had been played only a few years. The neck is perfect, front and back. This bass has NO RUST, NO CORROSION and NO OTHER MARKS! Case is original and in excellent condition. Comes with original strap and cable. Shipping not included.Pics available

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    price?

3. OOOOPPPPPS! $1,350 plus shipping.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    TRADES? FOR ANOTHER MIA JAZZ?
    NEW?

STEVE

5. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Post a pic or 10 :)

6. Sorry guys, no trades.

7. Here's the line in the finish I mentioned.

8. This is a little better shot of the body.