Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

8-Bit Fuzz: The perfect synth fuzz?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    [​IMG]

This fuzz from FX Doctor seems amazing for ripply analogue synth sounds. The only fault I can imagine is that it's designed for guitar, and I don't know if it's bass tone would compare. Samples on guitar are on the site.

Still, looks good? What do you folks think?

2. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Looks cool but if odd looks sold pedals a lot more people would own danelectro.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I can get sounds like that with my ZVex Wooly Mammoth and Fuzz Factory. Judging by the recording, I like my pedals better.

That guy will be in trouble with Nintendo if he starts selling alot of those. Nintendo is even trying to shut down the emulation scene for games they haven't supported in almost 20 years! If I can't download Megaman I to play on my Mac, they sure as hell won't let this guy use Mario's likeness.

4. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Hmm...

I think I'ma hafta get me one of those. I just wish they had a bass sound sample.

Yeah, the emulation lock-down is a bit ridiculous, they ought to package a bunch of games together and re-release a lot of that stuff. Like the Final Fantasy anthologies, or the Activision Classics collection...

5. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    ive been looking for osmething like this, a synthy fuzz. is there something already out there that could do this, for cheaper, or better? probably not..