1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

8 channel mic preamp & AD/DA converter - $150 shipped!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by idealtracks, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    Relisted for clarity (sold the other one.) This sale is for a 1U rackmount Behringer ADA-8000 8-channel AD/DA converter with 8 mic preamps and two high quality ADAT/Toslink cables. $150 shipped, CONUS. Paypal ok.

The ADA-8000 is in good shape and has always been racked in a permanent install in a professional recording studio. It converts analog signals into digital, but can also be used as a regular 8-channel analog microphone preamp by patching the ADAT out into the ADAT in, using one of the included cables.

For AD/DA purposes, this unit is a downright bargain, and uses the same 24-bit AD/DA converter chips as some of the bigger-name converters costing 10 times more.

The unit has 8 channel 44.1/48k ADAT lightpipe connectors in and out, and also 8 analog in (1/4" line and XLR) and 8 analog out on XLR. Wordclock and optical clocking options, if needed.
    You can use the Analog-to-Digital and the Digital-to-Analog at the same time with different audio signals. (We were recording multiple tracks through this while sending out a different stereo monitor mix, 4 headphone mixes, and more, through the same unit at the same time.)

The average price for a used ADA-8000 on ebay is about $170 so this is a pretty good deal. If you need converters or preamps and aren't Richie Rich, this sale is for you!

Price is firm. Thanks.

2. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    Price reduced to $125! Buy this please so I don't have to eBay it!

3. secombs

secombs

Oct 28, 2003
    St Louis, MO
    does it have a firewire out? I'm looking for something to use with Logic Pro on my MacBook..

4. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    This converts analog to digital ADAT. No firewire, sorry.

I can't just give this thing away, so if someone out there needs this but is low on cash, shoot some trade offers my way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.