8 Steps to achieve absolute bliss.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    1. Take your little quarter inch -> PC Mic input adapter, and plug it into your "subwoofer" or "headphone" part of your speaker splitter for your computer.
    2. Take a 1/4" cable and plug it into the adapter, and put the other end into your power amp/combo amp.
    3. Turn your amp on and place it behind you.
    4. Get the volume levels correct (so it balances well).
    5. Get Dark Side of the Moon and put it into your computer (or download it)
    6. Press play.
    7. Sit back.
    8. Enjoy
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm allergic to Pink Floyd :(
  3. :D

AAAEdaji, great tip!

It's fun rigging different combinations of things (car stereo gear, PA, home stereo, etc) for sound systems in my music room... just to see how it will sound. :D
  4. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Never thought of doing that, connecting the PC and Amp and playing music out of it! Probably never try it either though, but hey nice one for bringing it to my attention :cool:!

5. LOL, I thought I was the only one that used to use my bass amp as a sub for my stereo. I would hook it up through the headphone out of the stereo and eq out everything but the lowest slider, then sit in front of it and rumble. :)
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I am allergic to obscene amounts of bass in HiFi audio.

I partied in a 35 sqm (= small) apartment where the owner had put a kilowatt QSC + Wharfedale PA system with 2 1x18 subs to play music through. The speakers sounded like crap even without the subs, but he had all he ever wanted.

What is it with people and bass? What's wrong with balance?
  7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've been known to loan out my spare gear as a party/DJ rig. Depending on which speakers I use, it can sound pretty darn good.
  8. I used to do that years ago, before I bought my Genelecs. The problem was that I was concentrating more on endless tweaking than listening to music :meh: