Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

8-String Bass for Under $1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benevan, Aug 5, 2002.

1. benevan

benevan Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    I am looking for a decent 8-string bass (octaved 4's) for under $1000. There is a ton of info out on the Dean and the general concensous is that it is a great bang for the buck, but what about any others? ESP and Schecter make 8's under $1000. How do they compare? Are there any others?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i saw a carlo robelli in a store the other day. i always wanted to play and 8-string so i picked it up. sounded real good. it was really fun to play and a lot easier then i thought it would be. i don't think it was too pricey.

-jimbo

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have a Dean Rhapsody 8 string forsale in the classifieds section. I put it on ebay (see the thread in classifieds), but I would stop the auction for a TB member if they were interested and there are no bids. check it out.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=54996

I really like the bass, I just don't play it much and I need the money.

-KB

4. Go with the Schecter if you can. If the 8 is more novelty than neccessity, try the Robelli. As a Warwick fan I'll say this about the Dean: There is magic in bubinga.

5. There's a Dean Rhapsody 8 at Bass NW right now for only $399.... you can hardly beat that...

Dean 8