1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

8-String Bass for Under $1000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benevan, Aug 5, 2002.

1. benevan

benevan Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    I am looking for a decent 8-string bass (octaved 4's) for under $1000. There is a ton of info out on the Dean and the general concensous is that it is a great bang for the buck, but what about any others? ESP and Schecter make 8's under $1000. How do they compare? Are there any others?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i saw a carlo robelli in a store the other day. i always wanted to play and 8-string so i picked it up. sounded real good. it was really fun to play and a lot easier then i thought it would be. i don't think it was too pricey.

-jimbo

3. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have a Dean Rhapsody 8 string forsale in the classifieds section. I put it on ebay (see the thread in classifieds), but I would stop the auction for a TB member if they were interested and there are no bids. check it out.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=54996

I really like the bass, I just don't play it much and I need the money.

-KB

4. Go with the Schecter if you can. If the 8 is more novelty than neccessity, try the Robelli. As a Warwick fan I'll say this about the Dean: There is magic in bubinga.

5. There's a Dean Rhapsody 8 at Bass NW right now for only $399.... you can hardly beat that...

Dean 8