1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

8 strings. $539

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Hey all. Ebay ad, Galveston 8 string bass. Click click clickities

That *looks* like a carvin active electronics setup. Makes even more sense because the carvin is a push-pull active-passive volume knob. But look at that string spacing! Jeeeezus. You might get a pick caught in there...it's so close. Hmmmmm. I wish I had the extra cash...it'd be a cool thing to have. I have a galveston A/E, and the build quality is okay. But I wonder how the roll the 8's.

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If the electronics are anything like the ones in my Galveston 12-string then they sound like ass. :)

P.S: neck dive :(

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I saw that one. But look at it this way... if a MIM J costs, say, $349, you're paying $87.25 per string. With THIS bass, you're paying a mere $67.37 per string! And it has active electronics! You can't afford NOT to buy it! :D

4. Exactly. It's like going to the warehouse clubs to do your shopping. I mean...who really needs 144 rolls of toilet paper at once? But over the year it takes you to use it...it pays off.

Good one SD.