80’s or New Wave/Punk/Alternative, etc. fan? Don’t sleep on this....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

I have no connection to the promotors or the event(but I do know some people in a couple of the bands, but that’s neither here nor there); but if you have the time and wherewithal...
    Cruel World - Saturday, May 2 - Morrissey, Bauhaus, Blondie

The irony does not escape me that it’s being held at a place called “Dignity Health Sports Park”; forget jokes about old hippies, it’s not going to be long before some of the target demographic for this will be shuffling off to ‘the home’. Oh, wait, that would be me. Not a bad venue, almost 30 years ago, under a different name, I saw one of the last of Peter Gabriel’s WOMAD festivals there. If you’re interested, tomorrow is when you get in line(online)to get tickets. First time I’ve seen an offer to put money down on tix.

2. WillyW

WillyW l’art pour l’art, fonction de baise

Dec 10, 2019
    Have you got 10p?

Wow, prices have risen slightly...

3. ArtGuy9516

ArtGuy9516

Apr 10, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    What a bill! Traveling to LA would be a bit much though.

4. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I would love to go....But...too far

zD31XkAO9Cmx3BkR2KgQKkyQgsYrnIKVAeKiK0PK.png

5. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Great Line up!

Wrong Coast. Bummer.

Winslow likes this.
  6. Michedelic

Actually, if you don’t fall for the “VIP” con, they’re pretty much in line with everything else. Considering you could get in for around $150( and yes, you got the fees, parking, food and all that, stuff you’ll always get hit with anyway), AND it’s a multiple act festival, assuming you would like most of the bands, it’s a decent deal. Tix for just the Stones were absurd, and I recently dropped about $100 for two tickets to Dead Can Dance in San Diego, and that’s going to be a 2.5 hour drive for me.

7. WillyW

WillyW l’art pour l’art, fonction de baise

Dec 10, 2019
    f that, it’s punk I’m crashing...

8. I would have been all about this 25 years ago.

9. Michedelic

Well, there’s still a demand. Bauhaus did reunion gigs in LA a few months ago, and the promotors had to keep adding dates. That roster isn’t even all of the ‘last bands standing’ from that scene. While this is shaping up to be a ‘Desert Trip’
    Desert Trip - Wikipedia
    for the post-Pistols crowd, there are many of these kinds of bands continuing to play the small club circuit. And still delivering the goods. They’ve been doing this kind of event in the UK for quite some time now, called “Glamping”. I saw Sinatra perform towards the end of his life, even with him messing up lyrics, it was still a thrill.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  10. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Man I’d love to see this show. Wonder if Morrissey will actually show up.