1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale $800 Birdsong Embrace Fretless Anniversary Model #5 of 8 FREE SHIPPING US 48

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by beatlebass64, Dec 4, 2017.

1. beatlebass64

beatlebass64 Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    For sale is my Birdsong Embrace Fretless Bass.

The Embrace model is no longer being offered by Birdsong, and this is part of the 8th anniversary in 2013 #5 of 8. Features a MightyMite soapbar pickup and a single volume knob. Bass is in EXCELLENT condition, with no cosmetic or playing issues. Ships in original hard case.

• Neck-through Maple construction
    • Mesquite Body Wings
    • Ebony fingerboard, bridge, knob, and control plate
    • Black Hardware
    • 32 inch scale from bridge to nut
    • 8 lbs even on the bathroom scale, measured myself with the bass, and without two times.

Shipping is FREE in the US 48 via FedEx Ground, fully insured, with signature requirement.

PayPal payment only. Sorry, not interested in any trades.

Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Thank You,
    Beatlebass :bassist:

Embrace1.JPG Embrace2.JPG Embrace4.JPG Embrace6.JPG

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Orange Caesar likes this.
  2. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass Supporting Member

May 6, 2009
    It's such a weird looking bridge. How is the intonation?

3. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    No issues! The bridge has little slots carved in it for the strings, bass plays wonderfully. I *think* it is a floating bridge, but I've never changed the strings to find out:unsure: I recall Scott saying something to me once that he was pretty sure they used a floating bridge and the location was marked on the bass.

I'll work on getting some close up shots of the bridge and a video over the weekend.

4. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass Supporting Member

May 6, 2009
    I doubt Scott is lurking but I'd love to get his thoughts on this.

5. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    This is a great deal. I have #8 of the Anniversary Embraces and I can attest to the great sound, playability and solid construction of this puppy. No intonation issues, the ebony fingerboard seduces your fretting hand. Super lightweight.
    Scott doesn't make these anymore but he oughta be.

beatlebass64 likes this.
  6. beatlebass64

Dec 23, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I agree on the ebony fingerboard. This is as smooth playing an instrument as I've ever seen or played. Those anniversary models went for something like $1200+ if I remember correctly, so this is a nice deal for someone!