Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$800 good for ebay american fender jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Dec 28, 2004.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    no. Remember the $50 for shipping. I would say that if it is new maybe $700 total including shipping. Also, no warranty.

2. well it does come with a 100 dollar case and it is a 150 dollar upgrade beacuse of the ash body requirments.

3. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    American Fender basses come with a hard shell case included. I've seen one like it at the local GC WITH the S-1 switch and warranty for $1100. Realistically one could probably get it for $900 + change.

4. It's decent if it's brand new but you can do better, especially here on Talkbass. American Jazzes in very good condition go as low as 500$.

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    I'd want to see some better pictures so I'd know how the neck/pole pieces/bridge line up. That bass (unless I'm mistaken) with the ash body would probably go for around $1000 new in a lot of stores (won't say you might not find it cheaper) so $800 + shipping wouldn't be a bad deal at all IF it's a new bass.

But is this guy a dealer? Do you get a warranty? Just remember: sometimes things that are too good to be true aren't true.

6. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I would say hit em' up for 800 shipped. There aren't too many of those trans oranges around, that's a sweet a** finish. With a black pickguard? That would kill, NO ONE has that combo.

7. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Is that a used bass?

If so, the guy's smoking something. MIA Jazz basses can be had, if you're willing to wait and look around, at a used price of 500.

Yeah, nice finish, but is it worth the extra money?

8. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Absolutely not. Yeah is this schtick new? I automatically assumed it was new hence the price.

9. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Thats a Fender Jazz Highway One with a satin red finish. it lets the wood show thru a lot more. those basses are a cross between american and mexico, but made here. check it out at fender.com. A good picture will show that the bass is actually a little bit redder ( I think anyway). Most people who reviewed it at Harmonycentral.com are buying it for under $600. heres some pictures I found. Hope this helps.

10. The orange finish is a slight upcharge I think 50.00 but you could easily find one for 900.00 or less new with warranty ect.I bought a new 2004 American Jazz With the s1 for 900.00 at GC .

11. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Eh... I think it really is a translucent Sunset orange MIA Jazz.

I'd say pass on this one, for $1000 or so you could grab a mint reissue on ebay, shipped. All 5 variations of the 75 ri's all sold on ebay in the past few months for around 1k.

12. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    It's hard to tell from the picture. It's not as orange as the fender website shows, yet not as red as the picture I posted. The picture is a bit cloudy. Looks like the highway one doesn't come with a maple f/board though. could be the real deal.

13. it is the real deal and yes i think it is new, he says it is and then you can see the stickers still on the bass.

14. yea it american alright and now i BELIVE it is brand spankin new! he gave me very good closeup pictures of the front of the headstock, yes made in u.s.a. one from the back of the headstock, with the american tuners, (highway ones do not come with these tuners) the back of the bass with the holes for the strings onely americans have these also. and the serial number. ITS AMERICAN, AND ITS NEW.

15. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Eh, shipping at $49.99 is alittle high also. From experience, I'd say $30-$40 max. If you just HAVE to have it, $800 max including shipping.

16. It's got a maple fingerboard, it's an American Standard. H1 only come with rosewood.

800's a good price for a new Jazz but I'd still try to haggle it down. Shipping will kill you, so 800 shipped, for example, would be a good idea.

17. HERE THEY ARE

Attached Files:

18. ANOTHER

Attached Files:

19. SO SHOULD I ASK HIM if we can lower the price to 750? total would be 800.