Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

800 pounds, which bass????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by British Gas, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Warwick corvette

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. G&L Asat

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Aerodyne

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. It's my brithday in two weeks, and I have 800 pounds to spend on a bass. I've grown towards two basses, but which one?
    * G&L Asat bass (reduced to 800 due to gold colour)
    *Warwick corvette:bassist:
    If you have any suggestions, please tell me.
    What about an aerodyne?

2. Ive never played the G&L but i have played a corvette so i would say go for that one. The warwick sounded awsome and felt great to me anyway...I plan an buying a corvette sometime in the near future...

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    For that kind of money, you can get yourself a custom hand-made bass (if you get a basic model and don't go ga-ga with options). And it's British, to boot.

www.shukerguitars.co.uk

I think Jon's work is a step up from any of those mentioned in your post. I have two of his basses and I like them a lot.

4. I'd go for the G&L if you like the looks. I have a L2000 which is the same thing just different body shape and it is awesome. one of the most versatile basses out there.

5. HighestGround

HighestGround

May 10, 2003
    Nice to see another UK TB'er, great name aswell.

I would seriously consider hanging on for a while and either getting a second-hand Wal (800 pounds is a good price) or a second hand Stringray off ebay or loot.com, hey its your choice...

highestground

6. I concur!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Wow, what a heavy bass.

I went to England in March of 2002 and picked up a used Wal Mach II at the Bass Centre for 600 pounds. Definitely worth that kind of money.

8. I'd buy the G&L because I generally like their necks (although I don't like the ASAT body on a bass) and I hate the Warwick necks. But that is irrelevant. Go play them and make up your mind. They are all good basses, so the one you like best is the one you should buy. After all it is YOUR birthday, not mine.

9. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I voted for the Aerodyne, but only because I wanted to be obstinate ;). Buy the one that feels right to you and go with that. I agree with most everyone else that the G&L is the more versatile bass.

Dan

10. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

11. Id go for the Wal, AMAZING basses!!!!