Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

800 RB Settings ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pourboy, Jun 5, 2001.

1. pourboy

pourboy

Mar 11, 2001
    Boston, Mass.
    Does anyone have any tips or explainations of the settings on this head ? Such as "frequency" where it should be set at, "master volume" v.s. "volume" ? Etc.
    Any info would be helpful.
    thanks

2. Seriously bud, that is what the controls are for... they are for you to goof off with for a a few hours to figure out exactly how you want it... as for volume turn up if you want it louder, down if you need it softer...

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Since there are no tubes invovled, I used to set the Master Vol. at 3 o'clock and leave it there, same with the boost. Then I'd control overall vol. with the preamp control. As to EQ, I always found that head sounded best with the mid switch punched and the others out. Pretty simple, actually. Good reliable sounding head if you want a clean sound and the ability to bi-amp. I used one for about a year and a half and had no problems. Good luck.

4. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Should be answered in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, you might be able to download it from GK's website.

http://www.gallien.com

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Although I bought a 1001rb recently, I still use my 800rb occassionally.

I play r & b, funk, and top 40 stuff. My settings were as follows, depending on room acoustics and how dead my strings were:

volume between 10 and 12 o'clock

mid switch in, hi and low filter out. this notches the mids.

treble between 12 to 2 o'clock
    hi mids between 11 to 1 o'clock
    low mids between 10 to 1 o'clock
    bass between 2 to 3:30 o'clock

boost between 8 to 9 o'clock
    master volume (run full range 300 watts) full on

I use Eden David cabs.