1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

800rb confusion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sundown1206, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Sundown1206

Sundown1206

Jan 26, 2010
    Chicago
    So I bought a used one from gc today for about two fifty and I've got lots of confusion. Ive been searching the forums and using google and I've read a few issues such as hissing noise and popping sounds when turning off. Also, how can I tell the age of the amp? The switch is of a newer one I know that, it goes vertical. But the on color is grey if that helps anyone. I guess I'm just wondering it's worth and am just a bit worried about it holding up. I will be testing it out today though of course when I being it to practice. But I value the opinions of the people in these forums, and so am asking you all. The head I've been using is a new backline 600, just for reference.

Thanks

2. The 800 RB has been one of the most rugged amps for years.
    Also, very versatile if you intend to bi-amp. Has more power than it's ratings would imply. $250 is a good buy, IMHO.

On older ones, the production date was on a sicker on the back panel, but I think that was stopped at some point. G-K could tell you the date.

I doubt you'll hear much difference between the 800 and the Backline 600, as the 600 is essentially the same power section of the 800RB (LO side).

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Search the classifieds with the term 800rb, and you'll see several examples w/ photos. You got a deal!