1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

800RB DI issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by naja, Mar 30, 2006.

1. naja

naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN
    I'm getting asked now by sound guys to go direct so they can put some of me in the FOH, but they all complain about not getting a good, strong signal from my 800's DI. It's been easy to solve by just putting a direct box with parrallel out on it in front of my 800rb, but I really want to get my sound post EQ to the board.

My question is this: If I put a DI box with parrallel out in my effects loop on the 800rb will it cause any issues with the amp?

I don't think it will, and I think it should work to get want I want to the board, but I'm not very hip to the electronic factors involved here.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

2. Weak signal could indicate that the balanced output has gone "one legged." This would make your signal 6dB lower than it should be, which is significant. Have a techo check it over for bad solder joints in the DI section.

Putting most DIs in the effects loop using the parallel output jack is essentially like running a single patch cable out and back in. The parallel jack on most DIs is hard wired to the input jack.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If you use an external DI, usually you would plug your bass, or the end of your effects chain into that and then from there to the board and a second line to your amp.

4. naja

naja

Oct 14, 2005
    East TN

That's what I figured, just wanted to ask.

Thanks.

5. Running the DI box from the FX send will be fine, you probably don't even have to patch it back in...

6. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    What happens when you turn up the input gain all or most of the way? Use the hi/low masters to control speaker vol. of course. Might that satisfy the sound guy?