800rb egg fryer!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tat2d_13, Feb 21, 2004.

1. tat2d_13

Feb 4, 2004
    Minnesota USA
    Im just curious if any other 800rb users have run into this.Im currently running a gk 800rb into ampeg bse410HLF(4ohms) and after 2 to 3 hours of band practice this thing gets hot and I know being that theres no fan and just cooling fins Id expect it to get warm but you could fry an egg on this thing!
  2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Amp get that hot is not a good thing.

Get a clip-on fan to point at the heat sink.
  3. I find the best way to cool down an expensive amp is to give it a drink of ice-cold water...

Or get one of those small computer fans and fit it on over the power section.
  4. tat2d_13

Feb 4, 2004
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.I think I'll go to wally world and see if I can find a clip on fan.
  5. ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    I don''t think it should get THAT hot. What volume level are you playing at? What are using for speaker cables?
  6. tat2d_13

Feb 4, 2004
    Minnesota USA
    My master and volume are at around 11-12 oclock and Im using monstor cable for my speaker cables.
  7. They get hot, it's okay. Mine gets about like you described and I just let it cool before I put it away. 4 years of gigging with it and no problems yet. I'll be getting an 1001rb II that has a fan built-in soon!
  8. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Great observation. It is surprising how many people mistake a patch cable for a speaker cable, and how much it really does matter that you use the right thing.