1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

80's era Ampeg 8x10 - Brooklyn - pickup only.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by K2000, Nov 3, 2010.

1. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Ouch, this really hurts. Gotta close up my practice space and sell off some gear.

80s Ampeg SVT 8x10, has three replacement speakers installed, and one extra replacement speaker as a spare (9 speakers total). There is a reason some people think this is the best rock & roll cab ever... this thing sounds like the Voice of God.

Standard 1/4 inch input jack in the back. I put my own slide rails on it, made out of Delrin (super hard and slick plastic). I can leave them on or take them off, up to you. New rubber wheels on there (originals fell apart when I took delivery about 4 years ago). New rubber feet. Towel bar handle on the back (slant back). The cab is pretty chewed up on the edges and the tolex has multiple rips and tears. This thing is a grizzled veteran.

Grill cloth is discolored and stained - I guess you can power wash them, or use baby shampoo... but why? To me, this cab looks right and sounds right.

400 dollars, pickup only in Brooklyn. Pics now, and more later...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    (5 original squareback speakers, 4 replacements... one is a spare).

3. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    If you were closer. This would be gone!

4. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Hmmm, I might have to wash the grillcloth to make a sale... we'll see. In person, it just looks like it's played a lot of gigs. But the pics look raunchy.

Also, it's now listed on Craigs List for an additional 50 dollars - 450. TalkBass discount!

5. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bump - I just washed the grillcloth. Turns out it's kinda blue-silver, and not gray-brown!

Pics when it's dry and back on the cab.

6. dirtcity

dirtcity

Jul 19, 2010
    WV
    If my band hadn't just bought an 8x10, I'd be considering a road trip for this one. Good luck on the sale!

7. K2000

K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    Brooklyn
    Bump for washed grill. Big difference.

Frame on grill cloth is cracked and broken at bottom right corner - I never realized it. I tried to glue it together using wood glue and clamps - it didn't hold. Tension from grill cloth pulled it apart. The good news is that it doesn't effect anything - it doesn't make the grill cloth any weaker or less stable. The only way to really fix it would be to remove the grill cloth first (although maybe you could just loosen the one corner). At that point, you might as well replace the grill cloth... then maybe re-tolex the cabinet... or just use it as-is. :)

Bump for rock&roll MACHINE.

I may want to delay the sale here until the end of November (so that I can use it while I still have a practice space). Anybody who needs a couple weeks to save up, this may be your cab. You can still audition the cab at any time.

washedgrill.