Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

80's Fender Precision '57 Reissue

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by takeout, Apr 2, 2004.

1. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Yeah, I'm bailing from the P-Bass club. Making some room for something...

This is one of the Japanese P's, back when Fender Japan had better quality control than Fender USA. Maple neck/fretboard, Lake Placid Blue with white pickguard. Some dings and scratches commensurate with its age. Great sounding pickup in it, and it's really light in weight for a P-Bass; if you have avoided P's because of back or shoulder problems, this is your fix. This one resonates like crazy.

It has D'Addario Chromes flatwound strings on it right now. Comes with a hardshell case that, while it looks like it's been chewed by a shark, still protects the bass just fine.

$400 + shipping; if anyone buys before the weekend is out, I'll throw in a well-used but intact gig bag AND split shipping. Email me at chriswagner at kc dot rr dot com; I can get some pics together tonight if so desired.

FYI - shipping is from the Kansas City area; if a KC area TB-er wants it, I'll knock $25 off.

2. jmpiwonka

jmpiwonka

Jun 11, 2002
    damn if i hadn't bought that last jazz bass i woul dbe all over this, i can't do it right now though, maybe in a few weeks though :D
    i guess a back to the top for ya.

could you email me some pics perhaps?

thanks
    jeff

3. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I sent you a PM on this the other day...