1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

80s jazz bass question?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MM-Stingray5, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Alright Fender experts, I have an offer involving and early 80s jazz bass, the year that nothing was stock where fender ran out of parts? not sure for some reason i think that was 82.

Anyways around how much are these worth in pretty much mint to Great shape, hes a friend and would like to make an exchange for a power amp.

Any idea how much these are worth?

oh and im pretty sure its MIA.

2. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Little more info please. Bound neck with blocks or dots? White picup covers or black? 3 or 4 bolt neck. S8 or CB serial #? White, Black, Gold, Natural, Burst?

3. Black in colour, thats all i know thus far. I may be able to get all that info within a few days. and maybe some photos.

have a rough idea?

4. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    I paid $780 for a burst about 2 years ago 4 bolt bound neck with dots and an s8 number. Seen em go on ebay between $1200 and $1700. $1200 for a black, $1700 for a white. both about 8/10 condition. that has been in the last year. But thats Ebay where anything can happen.

5. right, ok cool. I can get you some more info on it shortly. Im not sure if id take the trade and sell it(not really a fender guy, Especially not a fan of jazz necks.) or keep it just as a cool bass to have in the house.

Ill let you know!