SOLD 80s MIJ Squier Medium Scale P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jdfarrell81, May 8, 2020.

1. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a 32” scale MIJ E-Series P-Bass with several upgrades. Weight is 7.3 lbs. The tuners have been upgraded to Hipshots with d-tuner, and the pickup was also upgraded. I believe the previous owner said it was a Nordstrand NP4. The pickguard is also non-original, but I’ll include the stock white pickguard with the sale.

Functionally the bass is great. Recently set up and with new-ish roundwounds. Everything works as intended, and the bass feels and sounds awesome.

Cosmetically, the bass shows honest players wear. There are numerous small marks, especially along the lower bout and upper horn. There’s also a ding or two on the neck, but they don’t affect play or feel. The bass has definitely been used, but it hasn’t been abused.

$580 shipped in the continental US.
    $500 local pickup

Trade interests:

EHX Hog 2
    Iron Ether Pedals
    3Leaf Doom 2
    Boss DC-2W
    Maxon AF-9
    Medium scale jazz bass

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Bunk McNulty, Uncle K and Jackcrow like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    That's a great one E serial number!

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    what is it's weight ? and is it able to be setup with low action ? Truss rod goes easily each way?

4. jdfarrell81

jdfarrell81 Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Howdy. Sorry, I just saw this.

Per a digital bathroom scale, the bass is 7.3 lbs. It’s definitely a light one. As for the action, it can certainly go low. I recently had it set up with medium-low action, but the luthier checked the entire bass, and everything functions as intended.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021