Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

80's p bass squier

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mav, Jun 13, 2003.

1. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    i'd just like to inform the bass comunity that i've just brought a MIJ made very early 80's p bass squier and i love it. it cost $550 australian $'s .it dont have no serial number either. it has emg select p-ups and i run it through an mxr m-80 bass pedal.

(HD's edit - deleted racial slur)

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on the bass. My first bass was a Squire Bullet Bass, I still have it. Bought back in 85.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    good luck,you got yourself a nice bass there bud. my friend has a squier japan bass and its as good as some of the "higher-end" models,fender japan did a great job making the basses with a touch of craftsmanship & pride,(something some of our american companies seem to lack these days) they made the low end basses with the same care and workmanship as the "better bases".HAVE FUN:D

4. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    thanks everybody. i dont know the difference between 62 or 57 reisue, pls inform me.

5. The 57 has a maple fingerboard, the 62 has rosewood. There might be differences when it comes to neck shapes, body woods and pick ups as well, at least during the first years of production, but I'm not sure.

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    sweet

7. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    mine has a rosewood neck. the body is also smaller than my first #s8.... precision .

8. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    7 years later I still have her :hyper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Cool! Not a lot of people will hang onto a bass for that long around here :bag: