1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'81 BC Rich Bich - boom chicka wah wah

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EASonBass, Aug 1, 2007.

1. This is an 1981 (made in L.A.) BC Rich Bich in really nice condition. As you can see, beautiful solid Birdseye maple. Great player as well as collectible. Original DiMarzio pups. The Varitone circuit was replaced with an active bass/treble pre. All the other phase and coil switches still function. 2 little rubber feet were installed on the bottom 2 points of the bass as back-in-the day, there were no guitar stands that would hold her.

As a concession for the electronics mod, I'm offering it up for $1,200 plus shipping. Neal Moser will restore the electronics to original for $300.

More pix available on request.

Sorry, no trades.

DSCN2449.
    DSCN2451.
    IMG_0225.
    IMG_0233.
    IMG_0235.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Damn that's sweet!

3. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    whoa... man is that Ugly... but I freaking want it!!!

4. Thats one HELL of bass for $1200!!!

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Love, love, love. I can dig it! (Too bad I can't afford it.)

6. BC Bump

7. is that one solid piece of birdseye? cant tell cuz my eyes arent in right today (no glasses)

8. Yup, well kinda. It's 3 pieces; the neck and 2 body sides. If you mean does it have a birdseye top, nope. Solid birdseye! Really beautiful and sounds killer.

9. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    No warps at all due to birdeyes for everything? That is one funky looking bass...

10. The Bich is Sold!