1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'81 Ibanez Blazer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Deano Destructo, May 24, 2012.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Fender & Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979.

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Picked up this 31 year old Ibanez Blazer kinda on a whim a bit ago since I own another just like it and thought this might make a good back up. Unfortunately my G.A.S. is currently leaning towards something new currently as well.
    It plays great & the frets are in immaculate condition with very little wear. A few nicks and dings (buckle rash, etc.) which are to be expected with a bass this age. Has a maple neck, ash body, the awesome Super P-4 pickups (best Precision tone ever, IMO) and of course the heart shaped tuners. Neck dimensions are somewhere between a fender jazz & precision in regards to width. No case unfortunately but I'll ship it in a solid box I received a bass in from an online store a few months back. I can provide more photos if needed as well.

Say SOLD! ($250), shipped?

Attached Files:

2. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Additional pics.....

Attached Files:

3. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Bumpity....

4. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    A few bites but nothing solid as of yet.

Okay fellas, will entertain any cash offers..... :bag:

5. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    bump

6. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I always get sentimental when I see one of these. My first bass was a Blazer. I was lucky, they're a great P Bass. I assume that this is not the bass in your avatar, is that correct?

7. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Yeah, I really love them as well. Just not sure at this time I need two since I'm not playing out currently and I'm missing an upright.
    Nope, the one in my avatar is the first I've owned. The ash body sections in that one don't match as nice as in the one I'm selling which you can see if you look closely at my avatar.

8. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    That is one clean, awesome-sounding bass. I hope my son doesn't see this post or he'll beat me up to score it back! Dean is a great guy to work with. Great communication and keeps his word. Can't go wrong with this bass or Deano!

Free bump and good luck!

9. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Thanks so much, man! These basses really are awesome and I really dig this one along with the one you sold me as well. Just don't need both at the moment since I'm no longer playing out. Thanks for the praise though! :)

Bumping it up again!

10. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    Oh....I didn't realize this was a different one. They're not all that common and you had two? I miss mine. I still hear about it from my teenager about selling that bass!!

Good luck, Deano!

11. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Yup! Liked the one I bought from you so much that another TB'er helped me track down an additional one as a back up. Don't really need them both since I'm not playing out so I thought I'd sell one since I just scored an upright again and I'm not playing out right not so I need to recoup some funds.

12. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Bump.....

$250, shipped?

13. Lair

Lair

Jul 5, 2012
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Still have this? Ship to Canada?

14. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Nope. Sorry. SOLD!