1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'81 Washburn MIJ (wide spaced P-J) in Dayton, Ohio $250

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by christw, Apr 21, 2010.

1. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    I want to be Tesla (tinkerer at Dayton Amp Co)
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    very cool looking bass... are you local to it?

3. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I was local.

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    This is the bass I was looking for! Wrong color, but it is the SB-40! Damn it..

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    ahhh crud------pic was taken down before I could see it:bawl:! I have two SB-40's------my fav basses of all time and RARE RARE RARE. :hyper::hyper::hyper:Dang------someone SCORED! What was the price? Oh I see-250-----OMG!!!!!!!!!!

6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    DO you already have one? Very few bassists know about these basses. And thus they are always WAY low priced. And thats the miracle of it.

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Had it and sold it 25 years ago.. Been looking for one for the last 5 off and on.

8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    It took me about 25 fricking years to find a second one. I bought my first one, the 1st yr they came out---the 1980 model--- in LA sometime in the winter of 1979. I still have it of course and both are showroom condition despite heavy playing. Wonderful finishes--I wish they still used from what I have seen.

BTW, I'll have'em at the Columbus, OH GTG.

You might also look for a Force 40 (1982-85). Exactly same bass as the SB-40 except for 2 changes (why they made the changes I'll never know): the Force has a plastic nut instead of brass nut and the tuners are 4-in-a-row instead of 2x2. I also have a Force 40.

9. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    No, at my age, I have to stick with the one I want. The SB-40 or nothing at all.. Since I had one, I would like to find it to keep it this time..

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Good luck to you. Just keep looking every day on ebay, CL, pawns-----------I hope you find one for yourself. The SB-40 itch is impossible to get rid of. I'm still looking for a third one, and a 4th, and a 5th--ad infinitum.:D

11. KNUGE

KNUGE

Apr 28, 2006
    Mt. Vernon, OH
    I'm the lucky devil that scored the red SB-40. Great bass for a mere $250.

The seller had ridiculously high gauge strings on it (130 E) and tuned in standard. :rollno: I have no idea what he thinking, but I got her playing fabulous now.

Let me know how bad you want it... ;)

12. robbiewest

robbiewest

Jun 7, 2010
    [​IMG]