1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 82/83 Sunburst Precision w REALLY nice grain, Sadowsky Pickup, Copper Shielded, etc..

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Had to re-post this due to one VERY uncool TBer's negative posts in the original thread for this bass. Sorry guys.

Check out the beautiful grain on this P. Believe it or not, she's an old 82/83 MIJ Squier that I picked up a few months ago. She came to me with all cavities fully copper shielded (with solder between the copper folds).

I popped in a USA Sadowsky pickup. Oh my she sings. Build quality LITERALLY rivals or exceeds Fender USA basses of that era (and most eras).

The bass absolutely kills. Man the early 80's MIJ stuff is where it's at. Never had a dud from these old MIJ Fenders. Build quality a QA was superb back then.

I'm playing Fender'sque humbucking basses lately (G&L L2000, Musicman Sabre, Bongo, etc). This baby needs some love!. Low action, setup beautifully. Brand new DiAddario rounds on her. Very straight neck and level frets. 1 5/8" nut, 34" scale.

Photo0126.

Photo0127.

Photo0125-1.

Photo0122.

Price Drop to just $599!!!!!!! :eek:

2. ADBass123

ADBass123

Apr 5, 2010
    San Diego
    Awesome looking bass. I've been wanting a 80's Squier for a while now.
    Good luck with the sale man and i'm sure someone's gonna be really happy with it.

3. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i would like to know what neg things could be said about this one. my friend owns its "twin" and these early 80's squiers are incredible instruments.

4. Man if I dug p-basses I would be up a creek right now....

5. fretwear

fretwear

Mar 7, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Nice bass, what's the weight and pre on the ser #?
    Thanks

6. Man, that really is some nice grain, you don't see that too often on a P like this. I agree that the Japanese stuff from this era (not just from Fender but from many others as well) is really top notch.

7. fretwear

fretwear

Mar 7, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Bump for a killer bass, I just scored a '83 SQ, they are dyno-mite, for sure. You can't go wrong with vintage MIJ.
    Quadz is this one a SQ pre fix, or the JV series, and what does this one weight?

8. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    i can do nothing but drool

9. panzerjp

panzerjp

Dec 28, 2008
    This beauty deserves a Bump. :)

10. Quadzilla

Price Drop to just $599!!!!!!! :eek:

11. ahh man ive had 2 of these already and i regret ever selling them, would u consider trading for the squier with the original pickup for a mia fender jp90?

12. Quadzilla

Thanks for the offer, but the JP90 has too skinny of a neck for me (very large hands). I've owned two in the past and had to sell them because of cramping :crying:

13. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I'm interested.
    POOR, but interested;)

14. gnergaard

gnergaard Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Chicago, IL USA
    I'm interested.
    POOR, but interested;)