1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'82 peavey mark 3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Dec 25, 2003.

1. howdy ppl...
    finally upgraded my amp:D i traded my ****ty ashton 150w combo for a 150w peavey merk 3 head...i have to say this is one of the greatest heads ive played...i tested some of the edens and gk but this was my pick...the only other amp i would pickover this would be a hartke ha5500..i just couldnt afford it lol...but what i wanted to know is if anyone else uses these amps and if you could run a power amp and use this head as a preamp?
    cheers heath..

stu's kubicki is on its way:D

2. I've gigged one once, and I'm shopping for a mark IV right now...You could run the Hi out and Low OUt to a poweramp and it'd kick...which is what I plan to do once I get the fundage, cause the sounds of these 18+ year old heads, built like a brick sh*tter and the sound is clear and punchy!

You got a good price?How much?

3. i only paid $350aus for it...i think its one of the best heads ive played...when i paid more off my kubicki today i took it into the shop to test it with some cabs...i found a 2x15 (jdl's or jbl's i cant remember).....all i could say was wow...it'd be great with a bit more headroom

4. The Mark IV is the way to go. Stack it with a 4x1o and a 2x15 and you have a ton of Bricks wrapped in velvet, i really love it, wish i could afford it, but as long as i can play its as good, though.:bassist:

5. i didn't like the mark 4..i could of gotten an 86 mark 4 for $750aus but i dont like amps that have para mid...i dont like mids that much...ill use them live to mix with the drums but thats about all