1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '82 Polar White Ibanez Musician Bass MC924PW

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jmlee, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    '82 Ibanez Musician MC924PW (Polar White). This one is a real beauty in the "Polar White" finish which has aged but is a lovely sort of pale yellow that you can see in the picture of Dave Swift's bass. 5-ply maple/walnut neck-thru construction with ash body. Massive Accucast B II brass bridge and trussrod cover. Ebony fingerboard. Slender and very stable neck design is remarkably comfortable to play. This version has the 2nd generation Super P5S neck pickup which is a P-style split coil and the Super J5S J-style bridge pickup. Active/passive switch with passive tone (which works in both active and passive modes) and preamp level knob. EQ B treble/mid/bass controls for active mode. There's a couple of dings in the headstock but the rest of the bass has only tiny imperfections—remarkable given that it's 36 years old. Everything works as designed. All original except for two changes: (i) the tuners were replaced with high quality Wilkinson machines at some point prior to my ownership and small screwholes remain (ii) the knobs were similarly replaced with nice quality, less gaudy black knobs. I thought about retroverting these but in the end decided the present knobs look better. Currently strung with new Dean Markley Blue Steels and has Schaller straploks on it. Comes with a generic hardshell which is a nice fit. Price does not include actual shipping costs which I'll split with the buyer. Interac transfer preferred but will accept PayPal.

**N.B. Due to current CITES regulations, I'm currently only offering this lovely instrument to Canadian buyers. (Sorry folks!)

Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 6.jpg Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 7.jpg Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 8.jpg Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 9.jpg Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 1.jpg Ibanez Musician MC900PW - 2.jpg Ibanez Musician Bass (Made in Japan) 1980s Pearl Antique | Reverb.jpg 001-x72-1 copy.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  2. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Price drop to $750.

3. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    So is that $750 CDN?

4. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Nope. Thats in $US.

5. GSNOLA

GSNOLA Opinionated but approachable 4-string Scotsman. Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    I wish I could make you an offer! That's a lovely instrument.

jmlee likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021