1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '83 Kramer Focus 7000 P/J ~A SLEEPER~

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    This bass NEEDS to move as well as the other in my sig. I'm only asking [DEL]$450[/DEL] [DEL]$400[/DEL] [DEL]$335[/DEL] $300 shipped final drop which is a great deal for the EXC condition bass.
    Replaced the neck pickup back to the original stock split P.

Upgraded with a Made by Honer USA, same as their headless basses. USA Fender Deluxe HB. ALSO added one of the BEST 2 band preamps for this style bass. Gives it more tonal options and with the trim pot, you can go active or stay passive. (sounds way BETTER than before, GUARANTEED!)

Kramer Focus 7000. Candy apple red with matching headstock. Made in 1983. These came from the ESP plant. Excellent Japan quality. 1 piece Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, solid alder body. Neck is straight and adjusts smoothly.
    Just restrung with a Pro-setup, and intonation with new set of D'Addario XL nickelwounds. Wonderful passive electronics with a dual J in the bridge that gets very mean. [DEL]Schaller pickups and[/DEL] Schaller roller bridge.
    Switches are pickup selector and series/parallel. Weighs in @ 9 lbs even. Nice, low action. 1-5/8" nut (feels like a 1-1/2 with the 'C' profile) and very easy to play. Back of neck has NO FLAWS whatsoever. No dings or dents. These basses are big time sleepers. The quality is great on these. Very resonant with a piano-like tone.

Its got a few dings and scratches, but I would consider this bass to be in excellent condition and very clean! Great playing and sounding bass for this price.

The shiny CAR color is off on these inside pics. Check last 2 pics for true color, or go to the photobucket ALBUM .
    IMG_1410.

IMG_1413.

IMG_1414.

IMG_1419.

IMG_1416.

IMG_1433.

IMG_1434.

Body is shaped slightly different than a standard P-Bass.
    IMG_1432.

IMG_1428.

Sale includes all original parts also.
    Focus7000-2.

more pics, full album HERE

2. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Offers anyone? This last 4 banger has got to go...

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    C'mon, "BUY ME" BUMP.

Now considering trades

4. MSIMSBASS

MSIMSBASS

Nov 25, 2007
    Hey man where are you I WANT THIS BASS!!! I dont think people know what this is. I do so I will take it. Call me! (843)670-9133. Myron Sims

5. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Smart man here!! I'll call you sometime tomorrow, Wed.

6. MSIMSBASS

MSIMSBASS

Nov 25, 2007
    Ok

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    $450 Shipped!

8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    NEW PICS WITH UPGRADES OTW...

9. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Anyone have any idea of the quality in these basses, I guess not... PRICE DROP.
    $400 shipped.

10. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    NEW PICS ADDED

11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Original wiring includes Prewired pickup selector switch. There is a rubber-tube-covered screw placed in the hole atm.

Preamp is from Hohner USA. I had ordered a few when I received my first BBass. I love em. Brings the POWER and leaves the natural tone intact.

12. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    NOW CONSIDERING 5 STRING TRADES. $450 TRADE VALUE.

13. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

What happened to the phone call guy ???

14. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Well, you know how those things go. STILL AVAILABLE!!

15. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Had one of these way back in the day; it was a great bass stock so with the upgrades that have been done to it I imagine it is killer now.

16. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thx Keith. It does sound terrific! I mostly am in need of a dual soapbar bass. This one weighs 9.5lbs dense alder and you can hear it!

Cmon, anyone... PRICE DROP!! FINAL PRICE: $345 East, $360 West. Otherwise I'll part it out, and the neck is to die for.
    ~

17. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    BuMp, c'mon someone has to be interested in this... (I NEED A 5er)

18. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    GAS has struck once again...

This bass NEEDS to move as well as the other in my sig. I'm only asking [DEL]$450[/DEL] [DEL]$400[/DEL] $335 shipped which is a great deal for the exc condition bass.
    ~

19. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    This bass NEEDS to move as well as the other in my sig. I'm only asking [DEL]$450[/DEL] [DEL]$400[/DEL] [DEL]$335[/DEL] $300 shipped final drop which is a great deal for the EXC condition bass. Just installed a set of EB Flats and they sound terrific!

20. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.