Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'85 Alembic Spoiler for sale - Zebrawood Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by natrab, Oct 1, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I bought this puppy off a guy who I think is on talkbass and I know he's on Alembic club. Beautiful bass, in great condition (it's got one noticable ding on it). I played it for about an hour after it arrived before deciding medium scale is not my thing. I'm still in love with my long scale Elan.

I'll refer you to the original ebay purchase for pictures and info. One note about this bass is that it DOES come with the original, form fitted hardshell case (it's got the purple interior even). The ebay listing says otherwise, but we figured it out after I received the bass. One of the latches on the case needs a little work...I'm sure Alembic would send you another one that you could rivet on yourself.

Here's the link to the ebay page: CLICKY

I'm asking exactly what I paid for it. $1300 plus shipping. It was a good deal then, it's a good deal now.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh yeah, only trade I'd be looking for is a nice 5 string with similar neck specs to Alembic/Rick Turners (preferably I'd like a 5 string Alembic).

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Will $1200 shipped get any bites?

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    bump. I thought there would be more interest. These seem to be going well on the 'bay, but I hoped I wouldn't have to put this up there.

5. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    BUMP for a nice bass. I'd buy it but it's missing a string.

6. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris

May 7, 2005
    Palatine, IL
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    I'll be sending a PM if I can get the $$$ together...beautiful bass. How's the neck shape?

7. lets get specific here: what is not original with the bass?

You're selling it because it is a medium scale? That's the only reason? You spent $1200 on it and are selling now because "medium scale is not your thing?"

It is a nice bass.

8. Sorry, I misread. The case was said to be non original, but you found out it is. Sorry for the confusion.

The bass is guaranteed all original?

1000 shipped and I will take it.

9. Pfft, this thing is mine now as of a week or more ago.

No chance I'm giving this baby up either.

Toodles.

10. She nice? What did you pay?

11. Traded a Spector for it, which I had bought from Tplyons. The world is in harmony with this girl.