1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '87 Gibson Thunderbird Custom Shop - $1100

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by abngourmet, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Up for sale is my '87 Gibson Thunderbird Custom Shop for $1100. Gibson told me it is a "custom shop" model due to the finish (looked like a stock T-Bird otherwise to me). Anyway, I've picked up a '76, and this one has to go.

Bass is Sold!

The deets:

In 9.5 out of 10 condition. It would be a 10 except for one nick on the side of the headstock (don't worry, no neck break as a result - neck is strong and intact), and some very (and I mean very) slight scratches on the back of the body (these can be buffed out to new condition according to my tech). All original, no nicks (other than noted above), dings, scratches, etc. Schaller strap locks (included) and hard shell, original case (in 9.0 out of 10 condition) included. I will also include the original hang tag and warranty card (see pics). Original pickups, pots, harness, and hardware, all in excellent condition.

I've gigged this twice in the 7 years I've owned it. Other than that, it's remained in my climate controlled, smoke free home. Wearing DR Hi Beams, .40-.100. Frets and neck are perfect, and frets show literally no wear at all.

If you're in the market for one of these and don't want to pay several hundred dollars more for a new one, buy this. It's nearly mint.

I accept PayPal, cashier's check, bank check, postal money order. Buyer pays shipping, and instrument will be professionally packed and shipped (UPS ground). I'm willing to drive 50 miles to conduct an in-person transaction. No overseas sales, sorry.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    DSC02206.
    DSC02210.
    DSC02211.
    DSC02212.
    DSC02213.
    DSC02214.
    DSC02215.
    DSC02217.

2. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    All PMs replied to. For the record, not interested in trades, should have put that with my original posting (sorry!). Still available.

Alan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.