1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

88' MIJ Fender P Lyte -$$350 Shipped.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by trunkshope6, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys and gals up for sale is my fender mij fender precision lyte bass,in overall great condition with no issues at all. It sports fender noiseless p/j pickups,a 2 band/boost cut active preamp with blend knob,gold hardware ,and a really fast and smooth finished jazz neck.Id give the cosmetics an 8/10 for some light dings and scratches here and there on the body,also there a chip in the paint near the neck joint shown in the pics. The neck is in great condtion cosmetically with no scratches or wear on the finish,its pretty much ding free and feels really silky and smooth up and down the neck.The frets are in great condition as well with very light wear,though theres no buzzing or choked noted anywhere on the fretboard,its also set up with low action,in combination of the neck makes it a great fast player. Selling for 350 Shipped conus,also have an epiphone harshell case id sell with it for 370 shipped,will sell internationally at buyers expense. Not looking for any trades at the moment ,thanks for any interest shoot me a pm or email me
    4 controls (volume, pickup selector, 2Xtone controls)
    -Active P/J Pickups
    -Thin Rosewood neck
    -Pearl red finish
    -Mother of pearl inlay
    -22 Frets
    -Short Fender Tuning keys
    -Fender High mass gold bridge
    -Graphite nut
    -Sculpted ,contoured P body
    -5 bolt neckplate
    -Contoured Neck heel for easy high fret access

IMG00608.

IMG00607.

IMG00610.

IMG00614.

IMG00616.

IMG00615.

IMG00612.

I love this bass for its active preamp and pj set up and especially because john samson ,propagandhi's first bass player recorded 2 of my favorite gandhi albums and loved the tone he got.If anyone interested in the tones u can get just check out propagandhi's how to clean everything album and less talk more rock.

2. bump for a great deal.

3. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

That's a neat-looking bass.
    Two questions:
    1. Do you know the weight?
    2. Any idea why a neck with a rosewood board would also have a stripe on the back?

4. hey mike just weighed and it comes out to 8 pounds even, and as for the skunk stripe it never hit me as peculiar as ive seen other lytes with them as well.i dont think the fingerboard has anything to do with the skunk stripe.though i have seen some american models without the stripe,mostly all the japanese basses i remember owning have had the stripe

5. PM sent

6. pending payment

7. sold to bass dr for 350 shipped