1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'89 Charvel Fusion V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BobbyLeeP, Apr 6, 2015.

1. BobbyLeeP

BobbyLeeP

Feb 17, 2011
    Detroit, MI
    This Bass is very cool and has the 80's - 90's sound. It has active pups... what some say are JBE prototypes and the J pup is actually for a 4 string ( size wise it looks like it). I was on stage with it last weekend and the tone/sound actually made me smile in the middle of a song.... I was so tempted to start playing some Winger or Skid Row. My issue is ... I play a Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string, it has a huge sound and very hot pups on it. If I swap basses for any reason the Charvel although a good tone only has half the output and and jacks up the mix in the house but worse the in-ears.... Nobody could hear me. So should I change out the pups to some EMG's or Seymour Dunkan's or keep it stock trade it off for a different back up 5 string bass???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    AdamR likes this.
  2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Why not just get a volume boost pedal and use it when you plug this one in to equalise the levels? Easy to do and you get to keep the sweet tone. This forum needs more basses like this.

3. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    If you decide its not working for you let me know. Im looking for one.

4. Plug your Warwick into the active input on your amp and the Charvel into the passive input

5. Doc Mojo

Doc Mojo

Oct 29, 2014
    Ohio
    I had this problem and during sound check I would team up with the sound guy and have settings for both. I tried to keep it simple with only volume adjustments that the sound guy could turn up or down and I would do the amp in the same fashion.

6. BobbyLeeP

BobbyLeeP

Feb 17, 2011
    Detroit, MI
    I have a PAD with 1 input, no passive & active inputs(svt 4pro) however... I never thought about cutting the Warwick on the PAD.... interesting... I don't remember but that's like a 15 or 20 db cut.

Thanks

7. BobbyLeeP

BobbyLeeP

Feb 17, 2011
    Detroit, MI
    Okay... it's time to find another Warwick or change the pickups. I could use input on pickups. I'm looking for an even full fat sound across all the strings... any suggestions?

AdamR likes this.