Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

89 Fender P Bass 57 MIJ reissue Oly White

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by richst, Dec 31, 2003.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    $600 obo w/hardcase

This is one sweet Pbass. Japan reissue from 1989-1990 circa. Gold anodized pickguard and hardly any player wear. Tiny frets as per original 57's and tone wood sounds like ash but could be alder. Not sure. Just set it up with Daddario slowounds and this thing thumps. Lightweight and comes with hardcase in good shape. Some minor dings where it sits on a guitar stand but very small. A little string wear through neck finish on fingerboard under the E and A strings at 2nd fret. Color has aged look. Pics make it look much whiter than it really is. Plays sweet and no dead spots. Wish I could keep it. Email me for more pics

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Front.

3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I've played a few of the USA 57 reissues and this neck is the best one I've played. Correct me if I'm wrong but these were USA parts shipped to Japan for assembly. They just put the MIJ and serial # sticker on there.

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    $550 obo. Lets try this and see what happens. This is really an awesome sounding and playing Pbass and I've owned a bunch including a slab board 61, a pre CBS 65 and a 75. The maple neck gives the snap but roll off the tone and get the big thump. I'm open to trade offers too. I'm using a Marleaux JB5 for my retro Fender gigs and really like having the low B string. lemme know. Thanx.