1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

8ohm, or 4 ohm cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by woody357, May 13, 2010.

1. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Ok I am ready to buy, now my question is,will I more punch and low end using two 8 ohm cabinets, or just going with one 4 ohm cabinet. I am looking at going with the Avatar neo 212 cabinet matching it with my GK800rb head. I can get it in a 4 ohm and get the full power of my head, and put my 15 (8ohm) in the high amp, or get it in 8 ohm and daisy chain it with my 15 until I can get another 212. I am looking to see what will give me that chest pump. OK TBers what do you have to say

2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I think you will be better off with the 8 ohm scenario....

3. wideyes

wideyes

May 9, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Well, more speakers = more bass! If you want the chest pump I'd definitely go with two 8 ohm cabs over one 4 ohm cab. In general. All the ratings and whatnot make you wonder about wattage and volume, but you can't argue with more speakers.

4. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    +1 simply because it takes out some potential guesswork on matching your components now and later down the road.