Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

8thstreet.com

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by doctorfinger, Feb 7, 2003.

1. doctorfinger

doctorfinger

Jan 31, 2003
    USA
    I've bought from Musician's Friend before but I just got work of this new site 8thstreet.com. Has anyone bought from this website? any reviews?

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I've never heard of them, but will check them out. Looks like you are new around here. Welcome to Talkbass! You will get better responses if you post in the correct forum. As this is an AMPS forum, you may try MISC with your question. :)

3. doctorfinger

doctorfinger

Jan 31, 2003
    USA
    looks like you're new around here? is that some kind of pick up line?
    They don't have as much as musicians friend but they do have swr stuff.... I guess that's why I put it in amps.

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, with that kind of attitude..... your PERFECT for TB. and i checked it out,,,, never heard of it before, might be a pretty awesome place....

5. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    8thStreet.com is the online division of 8th Street Music in Philadelphia. While I haven't bought anything from the website yet, I have bought many things from their retail store (which is on Arch Street, not 8th...). I've had nothing but good experiences there.

6. I bought a TC Electronic compressor from them last year and the deal came off without a hitch. It shipped on time and arrived on time. I'd buy from them again without hesitation.

7. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

comin' your way

8. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've bought 2 keyboard workstations from them in the past 3 years (a Kurzweil and a Yamaha). The Kurzweil arrived wthout problem, but the Yamaha arrived with the box opened and the manuals and included CDs missing, which is not insignificant.

I spoke with Randy Segal and the other co-owner of Street no less than 7 times in the ensuing 3 months about having them ship out replacements. Each time they *promised* that they were on the case, and nothing ever showed up. They went so far as to claim that they could not locate the replacements from Yamaha... of course, they had about a dozen of the same keyboards in stock.

All in all, I was *very* unimpressed by their performance, and wasted a *lot* of time calling them up and having them mislead me about their willingness to make the transaction right... and this is a $2,300 keyboard that was purchased here. Their prices are good, but be very wary about their service and credibility.

9. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW

Yeah, I have this thing for doctors...:rolleyes:

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Was he talking about you???:confused:

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck