8x10xback seat

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Oct 4, 2005.

1. anyone know which 8x10 cabs will fit across the back seat of a volkswagen golf?
    A 6x10 will do it, but can an 8?

I know the SWR one looks/seems to be a bit smaller than the others?
  2. The Ashdown 8x10 is very small too. Not had a play through that one tho!
  3. yeah, i have seen that Ashdown 8x10 with the blue cones - has anyone played one? what are the ashdown cabs like? i can't say i've heard anything about them....
  4. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    From my knowledge, I don't know of any 8x10's that would fit across a back seat. I used to use two 4x10's in my back seat, I just have to situate them accordingly to fit in there. But it was LIKE an 8x10 :)
  5. in theory though, if you can fit 2 410s into a backseat, then you should be able to fit an 8x10 - or is it that the 410s would both be put in vertically alongside each other?
  6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I know you arent looking at 610s but I have to mention that I was very suprised to find that my Berg 610 fit easily in the backseat of my WRX sedan. Thats a small back door!
  7. i am actually considering the swr 610 too, but can anyone tell me if there is a big volume difference between a 610 and an 810?
  8. I carried an SWR workingmans 8x10 in the backseat of my Mitsubishi Lancer for a couple of years and it fit with a little bit of room on each side.
  9. thanx andrew, that was the kind of response I was hoping I would get!
  10. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    the Nemesis 810 was smaller than the Ampeg fridge IIRC.
  11. Yeah, I fit 2 Goliath IIIs, but they're both stacked vertically, one in each rear seat. However, the width vs. height difference is only 2 inches, so i'm pretty sure I could get both of them across on their sides as well.

According to the specs on the SWR sound site, the Megoliath is shorter in height than 2 Goliath IIIs combined. So, It seems like you should be able to stick one in the back seat, but maybe i'm missing something.
  12. bobyoung53

bobyoung53 Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Millbury Ma.
    I fit old SVT cabs in the back seat of a 4 door 94 Cutless, both towel bar cabs and squarebacks, this car is not that big either. I then took out the bottom back seat and now fit an ampeg SVT cab and upright in the car along with other stuff like a few electrics if needed, two heads etc. You'd be surprised at what you can fit if you try hard enough. You just have to remember the correct order :) .
  13. mikeyvr6

mikeyvr6 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2002
    Plymouth, Wisconsin
    I can fit my Ampeg 8x10 in my Golf GTI if I load it in through the hatch with the rear seats folded down.
  14. Sweet, so it is possible to get an 8x10 in a normal car then! with the casters that makes it easy to move - until you hit some steps!!!!