Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

8x8 or 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Feb 28, 2003.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Right now, I am contemplating getting the SWR 8x8, or the Working man's 8x10. You guys gotta help me out, cuz I am not sure what to get, I don't know the SWR site to get the spec's on it.

Just...HELP

Oh yeah, I'm in a moderately loud rock band, guitarist's don't go past 2 or so at practice, I'm at about 3 or so with my drummer's 4x10 peavey TVX.

Edit: I have a pretty good sized pickup truck, and some strong people in my band, we can get it there and back, so no prob's with moving/such. Just need to know the sounds and what not.

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    Hi
    im facing the same dilema, bump.

Lukas

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    10s...10s...and more 10s...:D

(of course, I don't own any cabs with 8s, so I can't compare---but I like 10s)

4. I dunno.

I've been playing Bass since 1974.
    Tried just about every cabinet ever made.
    My favorite and the cab I've been using for the past five years is a SWR Henry 8x8.

There's nothing else like it.

Highly recommended.

If possible try to arrange a side by side A/B switch "Shoot-Out" between the two.

5. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
  6. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    But which ones would you say would get more bounce to the ounce? Also, which one is more efficient, so far, the only amps I have to use are my ampeg b2 amp head (350w at 4ohms) and a peavey firebass (450w at 4 ohms, 700w at 2 ohms)

7. For 350 watts @ 4 ohms, the Henry will be louder.

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've never owned a Henry 8 but I see them around the traps and I really like them. Big sounding 8's they are. Some of the bands I see using them and pretty darn loud on stage, and the cab seems to keep up while maintaining a nice sound. Id definitely consider one if I ever needed any more cabs.

Having saif that 8x10's will also do it.

9. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Well, you will definitly move alot more air with some 10s, and you will be able to handle lows alot better with 10s.

Go 10s.

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I say look for a used SWR or ampeg 8x10