1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

9/11

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeBass, Sep 11, 2008.

1. 8:46AM 9/11/01 everything changed. :(:bawl:
    God Bless those that past.

God Bless eveyone here at TB.........

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

... Amen .

3. Amen brother, amen.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I saw a movie called 9/11, the day the world changed yesterday.

What a completely ****ed up day that was indeed.

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've retyped this post over and over again and I really don't have anything to say. I just have sorrow for those that died, the families affected by their deaths, and it makes me realize how much I love everyone around me.

6. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    Popular Mechanics wrote a book that defunct the major conspiracy theory claims. and all those people need to be rounded up and disposed of.

It could have been a lot worse it was early morning and there were not a lot of people at work yet, think if it was done later in the morning or in the afternoon.

9/11/01

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It wasn't that early; many people came in late that day because it was an election day. It's appropriate that people escaped death at the hands of Islamic fascist terrorists by excersizing their right to vote in a democratic society.

God rest the souls of those we lost that terrible day. I remember crying a lot that day and in the weeks that passed as I thought of the families of all the people who were in the towers and the fire and police public servants.

8. .:://ARIA\\::.

.:://ARIA\\::.

Mar 11, 2008
    it boggles my mind to think how different the world would be if this event never happened

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm over 9/11.

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    what a screwed up day that was.
    I was on a short technical call very early that morning with a nice IT gal who worked in one of the towers. I later found out that the girl I was talking to that morning didn't make it. I must have hung up with her literally 5 mins before the 1st plane hit.
    It's a creepy feeling.
    I remember my oldest son who was 7 at the time had switched on the tv later that evening, I thought, to watch cartoons. I walked into the room to see him staring at the screen, mouth wide open, watching footage of people falling/jumping out of the towers.
    I'll never forget it that's for sure.

11. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    :scowl:

12. Hard to believe it's been 7 years already.

13. Something did change that day. I really don't know what it was. Honestly, I don't. **** just got weird. I knew people who lost family; I know people who were EMTs who were at the pentagon. And **** did get weird after it.

Am I over it?

No. I'm not. I saw **** change. I can't get over that; knowing that what I knew before that is no longer valid and this new **** is gonna be here for a while.

My parents said it was just like Kennedy. **** changed then too. Pearl Harbor. Sarajevo. Yeah, ****'s changed.

14. Crappy day that was.

15. Really?!?!?
    You must be in some record book for being that tall...........

:rollno:
    Militant Athiest.
    Cynical.
    (both from your profile)
    I know the type too well.

From Dictionary.com:
    cyn·i·cal Spelled Pronunciation[sin-i-kuhl]
    –adjective 1. like or characteristic of a cynic; distrusting or disparaging the motives of others.
    2. showing contempt for accepted standards of honesty or morality by one's actions, esp. by actions that exploit the scruples of others.
    3. bitterly or sneeringly distrustful, contemptuous, or pessimistic.

To some 9/11 might just have been another day.
    To others it marks a day that they will never forget.
    Being "Over 9/11" is your right.
    But deep down, you're not.
    A blanket statement like that is to raise some flag and engage a taunting of others to start some conversation that really would serve no purpose, other than to upset a lot of people.

Now, had you qualified your statement, with something like "I'm over it because I need to just move on and forget that day because it was traumatic to a lot of people etc....." or something to that effect, I would totally respect that.

But given the open-ness of the black and white letters on a screen, I'm gonna assume that you were marked by that day some how and are just burying it to forget.

But, my money is you'll be telling your grandchildren where you were and how they day felt.
    And not that your "Over 9/11".

God Bless you Unrepresented..........
    And have a nice day!!!

16. I was writing a note in class today and almost dated it Sept 11, 2001. Just goes to show you how memorable that day is.

17. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Saddest thing is, the more proactive we are towards protecting ourselves from this happening again, the more hate we are instigating around the world. . . The "war on terror" is bringing more terror. Catch 22.

But, that's beside the point today.

I will never forget 9/11.

18. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I was moved on the day, and for some time afterwards. You can't be over something unless you were under its effects to begin with.

However, the proceding politicizing, grandstanding, and jingoism associated with it have devalued it to the point where it no longer holds the significance it once did.

And I find it funny that you need to point out the connection with atheism when it was devout believers who committed the acts.:)

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think I know what you mean. It was a terrible event, but it is past and I feel it is important to look ahead.

20. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I'm feeling sad for everyone who gets in the crossfire from 2 different parts of the world.

That said,I watched the Nat. Geo. 9/11 documentary 5 hours ago,I felt so bad,my hands and feet got numb.:(