9 volt batteries

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    how come they don't make rechargealbe 9 volt batteries? this is indirectly related to effects since i use 9 volt batteries for my effects.
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    9v. rechargeables are available. Sanyo makes them, and probably others. I think they will die faster than alkaline batteries, though.
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I see rechargables in the local supermarket. I have a multipurpose charger that has steps for all sizes and a 9v adapter on the 'floor' of the housing.

I personally use Duracells on my basses and pedals.
  4. Again..

Use Lithium-Ion batteries.

Regular rechargables have about 120mAh, and 8.85 volt..

Lihtium-Ion batteries have 1200mAh and 9 (!) volt.
  5. I'd rather get an AC power suply...
  6. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    wow, i have always looked for em but could never find them. I just always see the double A and triple A etc. I guess ill just have to look harder! ;)
  7. luster666

Mar 27, 2000
    Raliegh, NC
    The NiMH rechargable batteries hold more of a charge than normal Alkaline batteries and they recharge 500 or more times. However, they only have a life of ~100 days though, because they loose 1% of their stored energy a day at room temperature. I think rechargable batteries would lower the amount of money you spend on batteries in the long run. I would buy an extra NiMH battery though, because they take 15 hours to recharge (at least in the charger I have).
  8. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Try Radio Shack
  9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Ac power for your bass?? :)

oh, for effects i get it... me too-
  10. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sears has a rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery which has little to no memory. They come in all sizes from 9V to D.

The recharger unit costs $20 and will also recharges AA, AAA size batteries. I've forgotten how much the 9Vs cost, but I believe they're less than $8.
  11. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    i wouldnt screw around with any recharable batteries besides lithium ion. it doesn't have a "memory" in it, thus they can be recharged fully at any time. and u can also drop them a fair amount of times, and it still wont decrease the power capacity. im not sure if they make 9 volt lithium ion batteries.