1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

9 volt batteries

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    how come they don't make rechargealbe 9 volt batteries? this is indirectly related to effects since i use 9 volt batteries for my effects.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    9v. rechargeables are available. Sanyo makes them, and probably others. I think they will die faster than alkaline batteries, though.

3. Lithium ion batteries

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I see rechargables in the local supermarket. I have a multipurpose charger that has steps for all sizes and a 9v adapter on the 'floor' of the housing.

I personally use Duracells on my basses and pedals.

5. Again..

Use Lithium-Ion batteries.

Regular rechargables have about 120mAh, and 8.85 volt..

Lihtium-Ion batteries have 1200mAh and 9 (!) volt.

6. I'd rather get an AC power suply...

7. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    wow, i have always looked for em but could never find them. I just always see the double A and triple A etc. I guess ill just have to look harder! ;)

8. luster666

luster666

Mar 27, 2000
    Raliegh, NC
    The NiMH rechargable batteries hold more of a charge than normal Alkaline batteries and they recharge 500 or more times. However, they only have a life of ~100 days though, because they loose 1% of their stored energy a day at room temperature. I think rechargable batteries would lower the amount of money you spend on batteries in the long run. I would buy an extra NiMH battery though, because they take 15 hours to recharge (at least in the charger I have).

9. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Try Radio Shack

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Ac power for your bass?? :)

oh, for effects i get it... me too-

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Sears has a rechargeable nickel metal hydride battery which has little to no memory. They come in all sizes from 9V to D.

The recharger unit costs $20 and will also recharges AA, AAA size batteries. I've forgotten how much the 9Vs cost, but I believe they're less than $8.

12. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    i wouldnt screw around with any recharable batteries besides lithium ion. it doesn't have a "memory" in it, thus they can be recharged fully at any time. and u can also drop them a fair amount of times, and it still wont decrease the power capacity. im not sure if they make 9 volt lithium ion batteries.