SOLD *$900* 2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V – Five String in Mono Vertigo Gig Bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by qwench, Jan 12, 2015.

1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Price:
    Strings:
    *REPOST* 2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V – Five String – Olympic White

OK…when I found this used 2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass V through a chain store in Canada…I was VERY close to pulling the trigger on a Fender Japan 66 reissue Jazz Bass in Olympic White 4 stringer…but I convinced myself (for the 5th time) that I SHOULD have a 5 string!!

So, I bought this beauty of a five string…but I am NOT a fan of onboard pre’s/active basses…so I bought the vintage jazz bass wiring kit along with a new control plate and rewired it to passive and added some incredible sounding Aguilar 5J-60 pickups…sounds and behaves like a passive jazz now but with a B string!!!
    *I no longer have the original pickups/preamp*

I also ordered an aftermarket tortoise shell pickguard (but I would include the original black pickguard as well)…I also chose to upgrade (I am a gig bag guy) from the stock Fender SKB case to a Mono Vertigo gig bag that is in very very good shape…the bass itself has a couple of minor dings (I will get pics of those later on)…but otherwise…nothing major and it is a very nicely balanced instrument and was at about 9lbs 15oz prior to removing the active pre…it is more like 9lbs 5oz now (I can’t really get a super accurate read on my bathroom scale technique - seems like it might be closer to 9lbs but I wanna be safe on the estimate) but this is FAR from a boat anchor for a 5 string for sure!!

The ONLY reason I am posting this is that I STILL end up grabbing my 4 string P bass over this as I am more comfortable on 4’s and I hate having such a high value “backup” really…

Here is what I am looking for primarily…

Fender Japan Vintage '66 Reissue Jazz Bass JB66B (Olympic White)

Fender American Vintage Reissue (’62 or ’63) Precision (Olympic White preferred)

Fender Japan ’62 Precision

Lakland Skyline 44-64 or 44-64 Custom (Duck Dunn)

If I DID sell outright…I would only do so for $900 (absolutely as low as I can go) US Funds via PayPal shipped anywhere in Canada or the USA…BTW…I am seeing this as a $1125-1200 trade value

IMG_1341.JPG IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1557.JPG IMG_1554.JPG IMG_1555.JPG

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Here are a few pics of the "blems" or freckles as I call them...these are all on the back and NOT front facing blems...you can NOT see any of these when you are wearing the bass!!!!

Also, I left the old jack area “exposed” but for five bucks you can order one of these and put it on if that bothers you…I could care less about that kinda stuff!!
    http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/jackplates_football.htm

This is a used and gigged bass but for some people these are a big deal...also, pics of the Mono Vertigo gig bag in very close to mint condition!!

Also, I have a fresh unopened pack of Fender 82505M to be included ALONG with the original BLACK pickguard

IMG_1559.JPG IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1562.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1569.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1558.JPG

3. Mirzaie

Mirzaie

Jan 17, 2015
    PM'd

4. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    PM's replied...$900 US funds via PayPal shipped anywhere in USA or Canada...chances are this will stay on here this week and if it doesn't go...I will keep it...HOWEVER, since there is something in the TB Classifieds I REALLY REALLY wanna snag...I am open to OFFERS...ya might get it for a song????!!!!!!

I REALLY would love to get a Fender Japan Vintage '66 Reissue Jazz Bass JB66B (Olympic White) *Willing to do a STRAIGHT TRADE on one of these which is a KILLER deal for someone that has one and wants a fiver*

murphy likes this.
  5. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    I might be interested..What would be your Canadian price?

6. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Could be the last bump...might be on the move...not sure where yet...but if you are one of the 900+ viewers of this ad and you are on the fence...now's the time to speak up!!

7. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Over 1000 views and now a RIDICULOUS price of $900 US Funds via PayPal shipped to Canada or the USA!!!!!

8. oaklandthumb

oaklandthumb

Nov 12, 2014
    Midwest USA
    Wow. The used market is tanked! 2 years ago I would have bought this for $200 more and it would have been a steal!

qwench likes this.
  9. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    I guess so...all the items I post on here are a great deal but this one is in ridiculous territory now...2012 bass that retails for $1799 US / Mono Gig Bag that is $200+ / aftermarket pick guard that was $75 shipped (plus the original is included) / Aguilar pickups worth $189 / extra strings / holy crap...what am I doing lol!!!

10. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    Looks to be sold...will update shortly

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021