Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD '91 Carvin LB70 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fasoldt Basses, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Karl Thompson, Builder (Formerly Fat Karl)
    In good condition, with case. $300 or best offer.
    -Hard rock maple neck, neck-thru construction. The back of the neck is finished with tung oil.
    -Poplar body sides, Transparent Saphire Blue finish.
    -Ebony fingerboard, with dot inlays and a graphite nut.
    -Dual HB50 stacked humbuckers.
    -Carvin 2-band EQ - controls are: volume, blend, bass, and treble. The battery is changed by removing the back cover plate.
    -Black chrome hardware, carving tuners.
    This bass plays very well and has a bright, snappy tone. It is an excelent instrument for slapping and soloing, and works well for more traditional parts also. See Carvin's catalouge listing of this bass here.
    Local pickup in southern WI, or buyer pays shipping costs. I'll accept cash or a a casheir's check.
    Any questions, feel free to PM me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you can see, the back has a few dents from belts, etc.

[​IMG]
    The lighting in this photo makes the headstock logo look very yellowed; it is in fact a very bright white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The E-string saddle is broken; the intonation screw cannot pull the saddle back, only push it forward. (Technical note: The intonation will only need to be adjusted in the event of a radical string-guage change. The saddle can be adjusted by pushing it back, then using the intonation screw to slowly move it forward to the proper position.)
    The saddles are adjustable for height, intonation, and string spacing, and can be locked in place. They are currently set for an ultra-low action, good-as-possible intonation, and widest possible string spacing (great for slapping).

I have attempted to photograph all the major flaws in the finish. Of course, it is impossible to capture everything, So I have compiled the ones worth reporting. Here they are:
    [​IMG]
    A small, clean chip about 2mm long.(above)

[​IMG]
    The close proximity of this picture makes the dent look pretty big; in reality it is about 3-4 mm long, and visible only on the edge.

[​IMG]
    There are a few dents on the butt edge.

[​IMG]
    A couple of dents on the bass side of the top - the worst area for dents.

[​IMG]
    A tiny hairline crack caused by rapid temperature change. This crack was very hard to photograph - it can only be seen in certain lights, and when seen looks like a hair stuck under the knob!

The case:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case does not have the sweet aroma of marajuana that so many cases seem to somehow attain.:rolleyes: It is in good condition and is moulded specificaly to this model bass. The case lid opens all the way - the straps to keep it at 90 degrees are not functional. The clasp closest to the handle is a locking clasp, but I don't have the key.

Well, I hope I haven't painted this bass in a bad light by trying to reveal all the flaws. It is not "FACTORY MINT CONDITION BLA BLA BLA BLA" but it is a very nice bass. I hate to part with it but college wants my money. :bawl:
    Please feel free to PM or Email any questions. Thanks!
    - Karl

2. velocraig

velocraig

Nov 1, 2003
    NE Georgia
    Any pics available?

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I'm interested in seeing pics too

4. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Pictures and more info added!

5. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    price lowered to $300 OBO.

6. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.