Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

91 Gibson Tbird, $1150 plus ship

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cheezewiz, Feb 3, 2006.

1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    A 1991 Gibson Thunderbird. It's a great playing and sounding bass. Ebony finish, in definite players condition. I wouldn't call it beat..there are no MAJOR dings, but it's definitely been used. The only problem with the bass, and it is minor, are
    a poor strap lock installation by yours truly. The pegs are not up tight against the body, and the screwheads are completely stripped, so I can't get them any tighter or remove them. The screws holding the pegs are rock solid in the wood though, and I've been using it with no problems. If you want to fix this, I would guess the pegs need to be sawed off, the screws then removed, and a new set installed. A very minor procedure for anyone at least a little handy. The truss is fully functional and there are no headstock repairs. This bass comes with the brown Gibson case. The case is beat to crap, but it still serves its purpose! The bass now differs from the pics in that it now has black top hat knobs, and a black Gibson stock T bird bridge. If you want a great sounding, great playing bass with a bit of mojo, this is the one for you. If ya ask me, there is NOTHING cooler looking on stage than a T bird. I'd hold on to this bass, but I have a new band situation and its not the best choice for the style of music I'm doing now.

I'm asking $1150 plus shipping.

Trades? Well, I'd prefer a cash sale. I'd like to order a new Stingray 5 HH from Bovine/Dude, BUT, if you have a 5 string you think I can't resist, gimme a shout, and I'll see

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Saturday morning bumper

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If anyone is remotely interested now or soon in the future, lemme know, or else she's off to ebay.

Stingray 5 ? Bongo 5? Cirrus 5? Lakland Darryl Jones or Joe Osborne 5? Rumblefish 5? other fiver trades? (plus cash if applicable)

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Price lowered to $1100.

5. mattm0805

mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    PM'ed ya

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Fiver trade offers only please...still available.

7. Does it neck dive?

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Tbirds are a bit neck heavy, but nothing like a Warwick or a Spector. I use one of the 4 inch Italia leather straps with the rough undersides, and it doesn't neckdive at all for me. Epi birds that have the strap buttons up higher are more notorious for neck diving. This one has the button at the base of the neck where it should be.

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Any chance of me talking you out of selling this beauty? :p

I have seen and played that Thunderbird, and it is in great shape. So, bump for a quality instrument from a quality seller.

And no, I'm not going to talk myself into buying this bass, too! :D If I didn't already own a T-Bird, I would have been all over it, though.

Tom.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ahhhhgggg....I hear ya Tom. Just having extreme Fiver GAS right now, and it's the only way!

11. you have a PM..........

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    PMs answered.

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Sold!

14. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    Damn.......I have a SR5 I would have considered trading......