1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

92 p bass deluxe pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by gottadog, Apr 1, 2009.

1. gottadog

gottadog

Feb 23, 2008
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    i bought the bass used and it had alembic p bass pup and a cover over where the humbucker use to be. what i want is to install stock electronics back in it. i played one the other day at gc and i loved it. i love the alembic sound, but its just not what i want outta my bass. so after i replace the pups. i'd like to get rid of them.

i've done a few internet searches and i cant find the stock fender pups. and then the pots. i just really have no clue what im looking for exactly. just what ever is stock.

thank you for any help.

2. BeauZooka

BeauZooka

Oct 2, 2007
    Seattle USA
    If money is no object, Fralin, Lollar, Basslines or Fender Custom Shop are all great.

GFS (www.guitarfetish.com) are a good option at a lower price.

Whatever you go with just make sure they are classic style, lower output pickups if you want that stock sound.

3. gottadog

gottadog

Feb 23, 2008
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    well i looked at all that stuff and didnt find one replacement humbucker.

did find it on the fender site and the part number. i guess i'll have to print out the diagram so i dont forget any parts. i'll need all the pots, wiring, preamp?, and the pups. i just want to return it to stock. i only paid 500bux for the bass. i think its worth what i'm after.

thanks so far

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm not sure, but if you contact Fender directly, they should be able to sell you the entire package, (both pick ups, preamp, pots and wiring harness). I would try customer service first, and see if they can help you. The Dlx P is a great bass, love mine. good luck, hope you get it all back to stock.