1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'92 Warwick Streamer - Part II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FireBug, Nov 16, 2005.

1. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I figured I'd go ahead and start part II of my Streamer thread. It all goes down tomorrow!! Tomorrow my power amp is going back to GC and I get the money back from my 2x15 Diesel that I got burned on. The guy is just going to relist it and we ship it out of here at whoever's expense.

Link to my old post about a used $600 handmade Streamer is here

So anyway...here we go with the cleaning portion of this thread:

*What cleaning supplies will be needed? I need something that can dissolve relatively large amounts of finger gunk. About 7 years worth.
    *What type of body treatments should I give it? I might pick up one of those Dunlop all-in-one treatments kits. What do you recommend?
    *What type of material do I clean it with? I usually just use an old (clean) cloth.
    *I was thinking of having the rough thumb-wear spot professionally sanded/cleaned. The wood is really exposed.
    The Most Important Part
    *The cold weather just came in today. Given the condition of this bass, what should I do to keep it in shape this winter?

Any other suggestions? Thanks gang!

2. OH PART II

3. Um... Part II?