1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

93-94 MEDIUM SCALE SQUIER P/J (MIJ)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ebonalley, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    For sale is a rare non-export, Japanese, 93-94 Squier medium scale P/J bass with multiple upgrades. I'm calling it "non-export" because I personally paid the $140 to have it shipped from Japan. I am very confident you will not see another one of these in your neighborhood. This bass features a rare blue burst color and a 32" medium scale neck. The burst color ranges from subtle to vibrant depending on the amount of direct light. Pics below are on the brighter end of the spectrum.

This bass weighs 7+ lbs. so it's great for long gigs or for anyone looking for a lighter instrument. The condition of this bass is very good. The front and back face of the bass is nearly flawless while the periphery has some bumps and cracks around the backside edges of the bass. These are pictured below and can not be seen from the playing position. The bass has recently been tuned up (setup, fret leveling) by local luthier Brady Muckelory: http://www.bradybass.com/ Action is 5.5/64th on the 12th fret of the E string with no fret buzz. MULTIPLE upgrades including Dimarzio pups, electronics, high-mass bridge and Hipshot Ultralite Tuners. A list of all upgrades can be found at this link: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/nbd-made-japan-853927/

All features of the bass are in excellent working order. The neck is straight, truss rod moves freely, tuners and electronics are also perfect. I've attached a link for the 93-94 Japan Fender brochure for historical authenticity. Details of the instrument prior to mods can be found on the bottom page (SJP-39).
    http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/fenderjapan/1994-newmodels/jp_index.html

I'm selling in order to fund a custom medium scale 5'r by Mr. Muckelroy

Price: $600 shipped CONUS, paypal

IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3386.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3380.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg

The pups are noise canceling but I shielded according to Chunger guidance for the heck of it
    IMG_3946.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3938.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3268-1.jpg
    IMG_3266-1.jpg

There apparently was a sticker on the bass prior to my owning it which left a price tag stain on the back of the headstock
    IMG_3941.jpg

The neck is in extremely good shape with only a tiny little indent pictured here
    IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3403.jpg

So, here's the "mojo". The first is a hairline/spiderweb crack on the top rear of the bass (under your picking arm). No chips just a crack a few pennies long due to an apparent drop.
    IMG_3932.jpg
    IMG_3936.jpg
    There's approximately 7 other small blemishes in the finish along the perimeter of the bass
    IMG_3933.jpg
    There is a chip in the paint on the underside of the neck pocket which has been painted in. Possibly chipped when removing the neck.
    IMG_3940.jpg

2. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    bump

3. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Oh man, the scams are rolling in on craigslist. Apparently pretending to be military is the flavor of the month. Hence my offers from "Col James Williams" and Meryl white of the B-18 Bomber Squadron in CO. As if being a scammer wasn't shameful enough, and then to pretend to be military on top of that. Repulsive.

Col James Williams
    Thank for your mail. Am satisfied with your advert price, as are
    questing this transaction should be done via PayPal so the PayPal
    charges is on me. Get back to me with your PayPal email and your name
    or send me PayPal invoice so i can pay you right away as soon as i
    conclude with my shipper, For more inquiry or information contact my
    shipper (carrier) on 561-767-4742. I am always busy at work and do not
    have much time around me to make or answer calls. Make sure you get
    back to me so that we can arrange for pick up as i will like the item
    to be picked at your residence location. Confirm the sales to me by
    removing it from the CL post and i will like more pics.

Thank for your mail. Am satisfied with your advert price, as are
    questing this transaction should be done via PayPal so the PayPal
    charges is on me. Get back to me with your PayPal email and your name
    or send me PayPal invoice so i can pay you right away as soon as i
    conclude with my shipper, For more inquiry or information contact my
    shipper (carrier) on 561-767-4742. I am always busy at work and do not
    have much time around me to make or answer calls. Make sure you get
    back to me so that we can arrange for pick up as i will like the item
    to be picked at your residence location. Confirm the sales to me by
    removing it from the CL post and i will like more pics.

Lowry Field,
    Colorado,B-18
    Bolo medium bombers.
    Military in colorado

Meryl white

Here's a 3rd one:
    Thanks for the mail, I will like to purchase your item note you will not be responsible for the handling and shipping of the item, my shipping company will come to your location for the pick up kindly confirm to me with your full name and address so that I can have it forward to the shipping company for them to calculate the shipping cost to me for the shipping to commence on time right?

4. Very cool bass.

5. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Thanks Man, wanna buy it? :)

6. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    ewww wow, this CL scammer is "on a geophysical investigations" in the mountains. Very impressive!

"I have read through the ad and satisfied. I would have loved to give you a call, but I'm out of town on a geophysical investigations in the mountains and won't be back until until 20th of July. So, coming to your residence for inspection won't be possible and will appreciate it much better if you can get back to me with its present condition. Do pull down the ad from the Craigslist so I can be assured that I'm at hand of the item.

More so, I'll love to make an instant purchase and will be paying by check and it is going to be overnight payment. You can get back to me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1. Your full name

2. Your mailing address

3. Your phone number.

I'll have a shipper come for the pickup as soon as you have the check cashed.

If you need to reach me, send me an email or text my pinger # (720) 400-7869 (text only) as I drive in range every three-hours to check correspondence and respond at that time. I look forward to reading from you soon. Thanks.

7. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Looks like a Squier version of the more well known Fender Precision Lyte - it's got the same scallops on the cutaways. Being MIJ and not ever been sold in this market, it would be even more rare than the Lyte, which are already few and far between.

Bump for a nice, rare bass. GLWTS.

8. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Thanks for the props MarkoYYZ

9. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Yep, shaped just like the Lyte and uses the same hardware. Tuner, jack, cover plate, neck plate, etc.

10. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    All the benefits of the Lyte in a medium scale, in a rare blue burst, and with a killer electronics and passive pup system.

11. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    Too bad I'm overseas, I probably would've taken it ! Gotta love these medium scale beauties.

12. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Do you have an APO?

13. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    Forgive my lack of knowledge but while I may (or may not) have an APO, I do not have a single clue of what it may be.

(and my friend Google doesn't help much since it's at the same time
    - the African Press Organization
    - a Filipino Mountain
    - a ski brand)

14. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    It's Air/Army Post Office. If you were U.S. military, it would allow European shipping at domestic rates. It was worth a try.

15. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    Oh I see... then I don't have one since I am not U.S. military.

On a side note, should you consider shipping it all the way to France, I would pay for the shipping, obviously. (though in such a case I'd probably prefer you unscrew the neck and ship body and neck separately to reduce both breakage risks and shipping costs...)

16. T'CharleS

T'CharleS

Jul 6, 2008
    France
    ...and in the end I have bought it ! (PM/paypal sent)

17. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Sold to T'Charles! Thread closed.