1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '93 EBMM Stingray (True Closet Classic w/original bridge mutes)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Session1969, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    I bought this bass from an ex-employee of Earnie Ball Musicman just last month. Although he worked at the factory, he never became a musician and it sat in it's case ever since "93. It has some swirls on the back from the few gigs I've played with her this last month and a small patch on the fretboard that was done at the factory. He probably got a good deal because of it but it in no way affects the feel or tone and not noticeable with strings on. It's a small 1/4" patch that runs parallel with the 7th fret. The reason for the sale is gas, pure and simple.

This is a fantastic bass with the 2 band preamp warmth that I love . It has a gun oil neck and lacquer body and the original classic bridge w/ foam mutes that can be adjusted. $800 shipped in OHSC.

Attached Files:

2. Do you have any pics of the swirls and the fretboard repair?

Also, do you know what happened to orig case?

TMB

3. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    I doubt the swirls will show because of how minor they are. I'll post a pick of the patch tonight. It has the original case. OHSC stands for original hardshell case.

4. Its also possible, because of prev owner working there....an over stock of a new older case was used. But i thought they were all a weird light navy blue back then. I used to own a '93 but my memory can be sketch at times.

5. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Yeah, it says Musicman on the case. I thought it was stamped into the plastic but it's not a plastic case ! I'll post a pic of the front of the case as well. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the case that came with it. I'll be happy to post a pic of the swirls, sure. It's at my studio and I'm at home at the moment. I'll be able to tonight and I'm in California.

6. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Do you have an accurate weight? Thanks.

7. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    PM'd

8. Copy that. It seems that 3 different colours of felt were used.
    Looky what i found! :smug:
    Music_Man_Sterling_H_a9e99e8f29cd088f2674.

9. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    That's the one !

10. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Just weighed her last week at 10.1 lbs.

11. Dang i miss that bass :-(

12. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010