SOLD '93 Sadowsky NYC 5-String Modern 24 w/ Nordy Big Splits

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Jhonnybass, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I will regret selling this bass but I really do need the funds for a car purchase. I bought this a few months ago from Kenny Ames here on TB. I am not exaggerating or lying one bit when I say this is the best 5 string bass I've ever owned, and I've been through quite a few. The low B on this is really really...REALLY good! The bass is light - around 9 pds on the bathroom scale and it balances perfectly. It currently has Nordy big split pickups installed that sound monstrous. The EMGs sounded great too, but if I could try and compare them, the Nordy's lean more towards a warmer active jazz bass on steroids sound and the EMGs sound full out Modern with more of a cutting high end. I preferred the Nordys a little more but both sets of pickups are included so you can experiment for yourself. 19 mm string spacing at the bridge and I should mention that the older neck profile is really comfortable. This is a quote from the original sale thread -

"...IMHO there's a little more meat on the neck. Seems to fit my hands a little better than the newer neck profiles. The early 90's profiles just feel more at home. Have had many folks locally who try my older Sadowskys and comment on how much more they like the neck profile. Again, subjective and hard to put into words..."

I should add that the marks on the fingerboard and back of the neck are purely cosmetic. Your hands don't feel any of the wear - I guess it's just discoloration from being played so much. There is also a bunch of checking on the back of the headstock and neck that doesn't affect playability at all - just gives the bass more mojo IMO ;). Lots of life left in the frets as well!!

Here's the original sale thread with more info and more pictures:

SOLD - '93 Sadowsky 5-String

$3250 $3150 $3000 $2900USD shipped to anywhere in the USA with the original Sadowsky ultralight case. $4000 $3800 $3700 CAD for a local cash and carry deal or $4050 $3900 $3800 CAD shipped to anywhere in Canada. I'll knock off $100 USD or $150 CAD if the Nordys aren't wanted. I could easily have my tech swap the EMGs back in.

Thanks for looking!

20161122_194344 (1).jpg View attachment 994402
    20170101_162144.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    I assume you are not interested in any trades ?

3. No sorry not interested in trades. I need the funds

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    lalo_garcia-maynez likes this.
  4. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Gang, Wish I had extra money laying around, I WOULD buy this back. THIS is great bass. If the Modern thing is a viable option for your sonic pallet, THIS is the one you want. Seriously. And the price is right. GLWYS!

Jhonnybass likes this.
  5. I'm seriously having second thoughts about selling the bass so I might make it not available soon...

6. ok I'm keeping it for now. I'll figure out how to raise funds elsewhere. I might make this available in the future if all else fails so if you're interested still PM me and I'll let you know where I'm at. Thanks TB

7. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Good call. Money comes and goes. Life happens. But there are only so many older Sadowsky's, man. :)

ialma and Jhonnybass like this.
  8. Thanks Kenny!

9. I've come upon hard times and I really need to sell this bass. To potential buyers - I may want to buy the bass back in the future but I'll obviously leave that decision up to the new lucky owner of the bass.

10. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    What is the price in CDN dollars?

jeffthebassist likes this.
  11. $4000 CAD for a local cash and carry deal. $4050 shipped within Canada

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  12. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Bump for a great bass.

Jhonnybass likes this.
  13. soxhats

soxhats

Jan 4, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Bump for one of the best guys on TB.

Jhonnybass likes this.
  14. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    bump for a killer bass and amazing person. I have heard this bass live, and it is just an incredible sound. good luck JA.

Jhonnybass likes this.
  15. Dave Fowler

Dave Fowler Bass is what I know .. it's what I do! Commercial User

Sep 23, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    I am a (small) dealer .. buying, selling, trading basses is my passion!
    I know this bass and almost bought it from Kenny but you beat me to it .. it's a killer don;t blame you for wanting to hold on to it .. right on! Kenny Ames is a great dude by the way!

kenny ames and Jhonnybass like this.
  16. Yeah Kenny really is a great dude! It was a really sweet and smooth transaction and everything he said about the bass was true :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    kenny ames likes this.
  17. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Aww. Thanks, guys.

Back at the both of you.

GREAT bass bump.

Jhonnybass likes this.
  18. Price Drop!!

Kmrumedy likes this.
  19. Another Price Drop for this week only!! I'm going to be going away to visit some family from Dec. 11-Jan. 1 so I won't be able to ship the bass between those dates. If someone decides to take the bass this week I'll sell it (with both the EMGs and Nordstrands) for $3000 USD shipped to your door anywhere in the USA! I'll do $3800 CAD for a local cash pickup or $3900 CAD shipped anywhere in Canada!!!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  20. Alright folks - lots of interest but no one is putting the ring on it. I'll be flying away from Dec. 11 to Jan 1st so the soonest I'd be able to ship the bass out for anyone interested would be in the new year. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and see you all in the New Year! Cheers

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021