Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'94 Fender Precision Lyte

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Howard K, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    What price would you pay for a '94 fender p lyte with "slight body damage?"

i've found one for sale for £230 (about $330 US)

I'm tempted, but dont know much about them... i'm gonna go & play the thing over this w/end, but wondered if anyone had any good/bad opinions beforehand?

cheers
    H.

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I was looking at the Precision Lyte's in 1991. They were £430 brand new then!!! This was for my 21st pressie, I liked it but ended up with a 1980s Precision Special. If there hadn't been one of them available - I'd have gotten the Precision Lyte (the purpole burst type finish). Not sure what their going for now, but £200 give or take a bit sounds OK - depends on the 'body damage'!!!

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    cheers - - i thought that price sounded OK... like you said, depends on le damage

4. tonru

tonru

Mar 15, 2002
    a friend of mine joined a band as the bass player.their bass player took up the vocalist spot,but plays a few songs,thus keeps his bass on stage:a p-lite.

anyway my friend played it during a gig and was commenting to me how much nicer it was than his standard p.since then,he's motivated to get a new bass with better neck play.