Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'94 MIJ Jazz with Upgrades for Sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by abngourmet, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    '94 MIJ Jazz for sale. Maple neck with mother of pearl block inlays and bound neck, sunburst finish. Has a Badass II bridge and Seymour Duncan pickups (Quarter Pounder in the bridge, Hot Jazz in the neck position). Original knobs replaced with Precision style knobs, but I have the originals which will be included. No buzz on the neck at all. Finish in excellent condition, with one ding smaller than a BB in the back. No buckle rash whatsoever. Top is in excellent condition. A few nicks on the headstock but nothing major. Machine heads are stock and work perfectly. Overall, in excellent condition with no problems.

Comes with original Fender hardshell case, which is worn a bit, but nothing major. One of the latches had the "ear" one uses to open and close it fall off - don't know why it happened. I still have the "ear," and will include it in the event the buyer is more mechanically inclined than I. Latch still works though (I just close it by hand). All other latches work perfectly. Interior in mint condition.

Price: $275 obo over that price.

Payment: Postal Money Order, Certified Bank check, Cashier's check drawn from a bank.

Buyer pays shipping. Will ship via UPS ground unless buyer chooses other shipping method and includes it in payment. Instrument will be professionally packed (The UPS Store). I will get the total based on shipping address and forward to buyer for payment purposes prior to shipping.

Why am I selling it? I have a Jazz Deluxe and a '73 Jazz, and I just don't play it anymore. Might as well go to a good home where it will be played.

I will hold this bass for five days. If I don't get a buyer by 6 June, it's going on Ebay.

Alan

2. abngourmet

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    More pics ...

3. abngourmet

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Yet more pics ...

4. PM sent.

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    PM sent.

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    PM sent.

7. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    PM sent...

8. mooney

mooney

Feb 9, 2005
    Quakertown, PA
    is this still available?

9. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

PM sent.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    PM sent.

I saw this coming right away...

For what it's worth, I think it might be more fun to just open this forum up as a public auction where we each post our bids and let the highest bidder win after the period.

At this point, abngourmet's guaranteed more than he needs for it, so I propose this because I think it might be best for all who are most affected, which is the bidders.

:bag: :)

11. lemac

lemac

Jan 24, 2005
    PM sent.... :hyper:

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Wrong, you can by using the little edit/delete button on your own posts.

Oh and by the way, let me introduce myself. I am Clay, one of the mods here in the classifieds. And around here we like to do things fair. When yiou are selling something. You will not jerk your fellow TB members around. They will not have to keep checking back to see if someone offers higher, aka out bids them. They will however PM you, asking if the bass is available for a price. You respond saying yes and all your payment info. They then pay you for that price. You then send the bass (or bass related gear). That's how we do things here.

I am going to close this thread, but leave the posts about seeing who PMed you in what order, then if they still want it for your asking price of 275, then they get it (in the order they PMed you). If they don't, then by all means start a new thread asking for a set price.

If you want to play the auction game. Do it on ebay.

Consider this a warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.