1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

94 SWR baby blue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brianmharrison, Mar 25, 2009.

1. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
  2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Tom Bowlus needs this! :D

3. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I know that if I had the cash right now, that cab would be sitting underneath my baby blue long about this time next week.

If this cab sounds like the baby blue speaker config, I can tell you this. It won't do loud very well, but it is shockingly warm and full sounding. Hard to believe how good 2 eights and a 5 can sound until you experience a Baby Blue.

I own, have owned, or have gigged GK, Ampeg, SWR, MarkBass, Trace Elliot, Hartke, AMP, etc.

The baby blue is my all-time favorite amp. Unfortunately, its just not loud enough for every situation.

4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Oh, and I think the foam surrounds on some of the 8s in these cabs had a tendency to disintegrate over time. I also thought the Celestions didn't come along in these cabs till several years later than '94. Maybe an SWR BABy Blue historian (Chef?) can set the record straight.

5. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
  6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    :ninja:

7. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    The impedance of the extension cab would be a concern depending on the Baby Blue combo that you're running. The original BBII combo was 8 ohm internally whereas later versions were 4ohm.

8. I have the combo one, the amp blew(unrepairable)several years ago. I use the cab still, for rehearsing/mellow gigs. Sounds great. Original foam surround(Bag End?)speakers still going strong.

9. buckminster

buckminster Banned

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    This guy lives near me. I wish he would have put it on Sacramento Craigslist...:crying:

10. I am the one who just sold this. I bought it from a fellow TBer just a week or so ago, wasn't overly impressed with it, so I put it on ebay. I didn't think there would be any interest here, because I bought it here and it had been listed for a while. I am sticking with the Bag Ends.

11. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    You got a great price for it.

12. Thats roughly what I paid for it with shipping. I'm happy about it. I got to try it out, and it didn't cost me too much to do it. I would have always wondered if I hadn't tried it.