1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'95 Sterling MusicMan Ernie Ball Sterling w/lots of birdseye

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tonynoriega, Mar 13, 2013.

1. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    ********SOLD - SOLD - SOLD******************This is a player's bass. I'm the second owner and have put many hours of of play on it myself. The date this bass was crafted in San Luis Obispo is January 24, 1995 This was during the period when only the finest woods and methods of construction were employed. The neck is straight and true, and plays very fast due to it's slim contour and satin finish and made even smoother due to the years of use. The bass weighs only 8.75 pounds and is extremely comfortable to play. There is significant birdseye figuring in the neck and headstock and the frets still have a lot of life in them. There is a thumbnail size dent in the body (shown in a picture) but it doesn't show when the instrument is on the shoulder and please take note of the bridge.....this is one of the few Sterlings I've seen with the full size bridge and this one shows it's age. This instrument sounds the way a good Sterling should sound, with deep growling lows and defined, articulate highs. It's strung with new Pro Steels. The tan case is the original G&G case that came with this bass when new and is in excellent condition. My firm price is 875 shipped to the 48 states. I have more photos if wanted and my email address is in my profile. Although I'm not looking for a trade at this point in time I may be tempted by the right Tele bass. Thanks! Oh...pickup in Tampa is an option as well.

Attached Files:

2. tonynoriega

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    PM's replied to....

3. tonynoriega

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Weekend bump~

4. toomanyslurpees

toomanyslurpees

Jan 21, 2009
    I'm not a Sterling guy but if I was I'd be bugging you to send this my way, this is a heck of a lot of bass for the price!

5. tonynoriega

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks TooManySlurpees....I think it's quite an impressive instrument and will only continue to increase in value with time.

6. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Many nice basses have come and some gone in the years since I bought my Natural Velvet w/Rosewood '95 Sterling sister to yours, but she remains the one I'd keep if all others had to be sold. So bump to ya!

7. tonynoriega

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Agreed Spufman! This is a tremendous bass and I'll probably regret selling it but these days I'm playing Jazzes more than any other and this Sterling should be in someone's hands making music.

8. tonynoriega

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    *************SOLD*************