1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD $950 LAKLAND Skyline Joe Osborn 55-60 w/maple fingerboard...EXC cond. RARE!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Feb 7, 2017.

1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Price:
    Strings:
    I am selling my 2009 Skyline 55-60 Joe Osborn 5 string bass. Beautiful sunburst with maple fingerboard. It plays and sounds better than many jazz's I've owned costing much more including a Sadowsky Metro Jazz 5 that I replaced this with. These are fairly rare and hard to find, especially in this condition. It could probably pass for a brand new bass with only a slight amount of surface scratch, surface swirl/light marks from rubbing against shirt buttons. It weighs right at 10 pounds on bathroom scale method.

I have upgraded the pickups to the Reed James Neo Vintage Jazz noiseless.

Neodymium bass pickups

The original Lakland (Hanson?) pickups will be included. Also upgraded is the active pre-amp by AUDERE. It is the 3 band EQ boost and cut with a 3 position switch to give a totally different sound characteristic similar to an impedance change. The middle position is the “flat” position. https://www.audereaudio.com/pro-jz3-vb-3b-chrome.html
    The bass with this EQ system gives an unlimited variety of tonal options. lakland front. lakland front_lrg. P1020020. P1020021. P1020022. P1020023.

The battery compartment has been added to the back of the bass for easy changes (9 volt). I no longer have the passive tone pots.

After adding $400 in upgrades to the bass, I swore that I would never sell it……until I ordered a custom build Roscoe bass that is on its way to me now. The sale of this bass will help offset the financial burden of my latest G.A.S. attack.

The bass will come in a Lakland gig bag and ship ground to the CONUS for $950 or best offer.

You will LOVE this bass. Looks like new and plays great/sounds great.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Of course, it was PLEK'd and plays great!

3. Blueinred

Blueinred

Mar 12, 2009
    Greater Cincy
    I have this in the custom version (pearl blocks on fretboard) and a white pearl guard. My main gigging bass. I adore it and paid this price "used" without the upgrades three years ago here on TB. So this is a GREAT price on a fantastic 5 string Jazz with the sweetest playing neck around. Highly recommended. GLWTS!

4. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Had a question about the sound of the REED JAMES noiseless bass pickups: Here is a demo on a Fender Jazz Bass

5. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    and sold, pending funds...the bass is headed to South Carolina. (Sorry North California, SC was 1st offer)